Keg disconnects

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tateg

Reaction score
Hi all
I am starting to pull my hair out in regards to these bloody liquid disconnects.
The problem is that I have both keg king and Cornelius type disconnects but only the keg king liquid disconnects work, the Cornelius ones just trickle.
I wouldn't be so worried about it if I hadn't purchased 4 sets of the bloody things.
I have changed posts, seals and poppets but nothing works.
Anyone else had this issue ?
Cheers
Tate

Did you swap the poppet and spring from a working one to test it. Pretty sure this will be the problem. Ruling out the obvious gunk in the pickup tube.

Edit:sorry mate. Thought you were talking keg posts.

tateg said:
Hi all
I am starting to pull my hair out in regards to these bloody liquid disconnects.
The problem is that I have both keg king and Cornelius type disconnects but only the keg king liquid disconnects work, the Cornelius ones just trickle.
I wouldn't be so worried about it if I hadn't purchased 4 sets of the bloody things.
I have changed posts, seals and poppets but nothing works.
Anyone else had this issue ?
Cheers
Tate
I took my springs back as they were too stiff and then they wouldn't engage to dispense..got new springs now and all good

djar007 said:
Did you swap the poppet and spring from a working one to test it. Pretty sure this will be the problem. Ruling out the obvious gunk in the pickup tube.

Edit:sorry mate. Thought you were talking keg posts.
Grainer said:
I took my springs back as they were too stiff and then they wouldn't engage to dispense..got new springs now and all good
Poppet springs or disconnect ?

There is a flat head type groove on top of them. So you can undo it and check it out. On my phone and cant find a tutorial.

Ok so I found an old style poppet and used that on a new keg king keg and to my surprise it worked fine
So either I now replace all the poppets or figure a way out to weaken the spring in the disconnect

Back