Keg dip tube idea

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcovanb

Reaction score
I was considering if this idea was feasible.

Replace SS dip in a corny keg with a flexible tube. The flexible tube will float or be suspended with a flotation device so that it has a couple of centimeters under the surface. This would prevent the pick up of sediment until when it is becoming empty.

I'm testing using a keg to pressure ferment and serve from so I would have deal with a fair bit of sediment.

Would the pressure collapse the tube for example?

Regards, Nick

Have you tried a Google search I'm sure I saw something just like this a while back, or maybe I'm imagining it cause I to like this idea

I use one as I ferment in kegs. Works great to pressure transfer out of keg. Crash chill and the yeast drops then transfer sweet clear beer from the top.

Ross sells em, not on the website but phone and chat and they'll sort you. I called it a floating cask beer pick up thingy and they interpreted my description!

Have used the ones RdeVjun linked when I gave up filtering, they do work great.

Thanks for the responses. I have a couple of diy ideas and will give them a go. At least its a sound idea. Cheers.

Back