Floating dip tube in 29l kegland kegmenter

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rossbaker

Reaction score
Hi all,

Can anyone tell me how long they have cut their floating dip tubes when using them with the 29l kegmenters kegland have been selling? Or, is it possible that you don't need to cut it short and that the float will still provide enough space to keep yeast/trub out of the tube?

I only ask as, when I first bought it, the pressure lids were out of stock and I currently have a beer fermenting in it with only the plain lid with airlock. I now have a pressure lid and would like to seal it up, allow pressure to build up as it drops the last few gravity points and then transfer to keg under pressure.

It turns out the pressure lid has a leak in the weld on one of the posts so I don't have the same urgency. Should clarify it was one of the old keg king ones by the way. Will have to wait till kegland has their new ones back in stock!

I have been pondering about that topic too. What I worked out is that if you leave the tube long it will hit the trub early as the inlet sits below the float, leaving a good inch or so of clear beer. I cut mine just today, at about 2cm off the bottom. I am not sold on the float tube concept but I will see how it goes.

What I’m having a problem with is that the gasket is leaking. No matter how tight I make it doesn’t hold pressure above 1 atm.

Back