Keg Beer Line Length Question

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think he's reiterating the fact that you need to ensure that the keg pressure is kept topped up, including at the end of a drinking session or the carbonation level will quickly be reduced ;)

if your pour a beer you will use some of the head space gas, if you don't fill the head space up with the pressure you require for carbonation then the head space and the beer will equalise, i.e. the beer will loose co2.

I really need a speil chequer

you'ld want to fill the hefe keg up with the correct pressue after us otherwise it will loos carbonation.
I think he's reiterating the fact that you need to ensure that the keg pressure is kept topped up, including at the end of a drinking session or the carbonation level will quickly be reduced ;)
Ah, so he's repeating this then...

The only thing you'll need to do is top up the hefe keg with high pressure every once in a while (d/c all the kegs, up the pressure on the reg, charge up the hefe, d/c, lower pressure, r/c other kegs).
mxd - I take it you meant after use. The 'Preview Post' button helps everyone understand what you mean.

mxd - I take it you meant after use. The 'Preview Post' button helps everyone understand what you mean.

sorry about that, I run spellbound at home and I keep forgetting I have not installed it at work.

sorry about that, I run spellbound at home and I keep forgetting I have not installed it at work.

Spellbound? If it's a program independent spell checker I'd be interested but the only thing I can find on Google is some pagan software?

More info please ...

ghhb

give this one a shot.

1. In the address bar of Firefox, type about:config
2. Type layout.spellcheckDefault in the filter box
3. Change the value from 1 to 2

give this one a shot.

1. In the address bar of Firefox, type about:config
2. Type layout.spellcheckDefault in the filter box
3. Change the value from 1 to 2

okay ... I've done that ... what's supposed to happen?

Follow up on Topic ...

About a week ago I get extra line from Ross, took my measurements, fired up the spreadsheet to calculate my required line lenghts and re-jigged my keg system. I then left it a week to balance again under the higher pressure.

I'm happy to report that things are much better now ... beers are correctly gassed at 2.5, easier to pour with great foam and with the English keg on the Celli I can reduce the pour enough to simulate the right carbonation in the glass.

So I'm happy :D

Thanks to all posters ...

:icon_cheers: ghhb

Back