Keezer freezing beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAD

Reaction score
Been having trouble with my beer freezing I decided to install a fan in it to help circulate the air. I then put the temp probe into a bottle of water in freezer and the beer temp went to 10deg with the temp set @ 2deg. I then mounted the probe to the side of the freezes and the fridge is struggling to get down to 3deg.

Can someone tell me what to do and were you normally would mount the probe I don't want to throw another keg out.

RAD1 said:
Been having trouble with my beer freezing I decided to install a fan in it to help circulate the air. I then put the temp probe into a bottle of water in freezer and the beer temp went to 10deg with the temp set @ 2deg. I then mounted the probe to the side of the freezes and the fridge is struggling to get down to 3deg.

Can someone tell me what to do and were you normally would mount the probe I don't want to throw another keg out.
For an accurately controlled, small place like a freezer, you should place the probe in a small vial or test tube of glycerine. Then make sure your sensor is on the inlet side of your fan and that the fan is located low in the freezer space.

Edit: Also shut off the PID function if your thermostat has that. You want ON/OFF and a hysteresis of a couple degrees. Watch that you aren't short cycling your compressor. Should be ~10 minutes between cycles.

Back