Just Got Back Paid( Not Sure What To Spend It On)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you don't need anything right now, invest it in the Aussie Sharemarket and pull out at the end of the year, or mid next year.

lots of brewing books from the book depository in the uk(with free post)just ordered 2 books for $36.50 del that would have cost me at least that each.

Monstermill with base and hopper kit for around $210 to your door.

beer that you wouldnt make or of a style that you want to try but thought was too expensive.

brewing mag subscriptions.......

If i ha no system and came into $1500 i would buy...

A mill, base, hopper and motor $250

140L alu pot $200 (http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=52148)

nasa burner $30 in bulk buy

stand $150 (scrap metal and a mate welding)

shyhook and pulleys $50

some hops from hops direct $100

5 bags of grain $200

fridge $0-100

temp control $35

3mx1.5m of swiss voille $18?

Keg kit $200

co2 bottle $180

$1513

This would give me a system that could knock out 4 23batches a brew day (ie 10 cartons of beer) with the convenience of kegging. 3 brew days and its paid itself off! When i was working this all out i didn't have the kegs on there but i realised i had about $400 left over so why not. If you are going o spend the whole lot on brewing gear then this is what i would do.

OR

I would snap up this bargain http://cgi.ebay.com.au/HERMS-Brewing-Syste...=item3a62ee5f13 and get grain, hops, temp control etc with the left over

I'd buy a really nice hat.

If you asked me the question again after slapping me, I'd ask "what does your brewery need"?

If nothing, then save it or buy something nice for you house/family/friend/girlfriend/boyfriend/something something.

Buy what you need to make good beer or make brewing easier.

Or donate it to Snow whose brewery has been washed away.

Ditto on the saving until you know what needs buying / you want to buy.

- boingk

What sort of a hat? Would it be a sensible sunsmart hat or a fancy looking nice hat? Would it have a matching scarf?

This is money I wasn't meant to have. Of course a fancy looking nice hat I could wear to the races or while shopping for expensive furniture..

Matching scarf is something I've been uncertain about ever since reading Pamela Davidson's " interpreting scarves from a post Lacanian perspective: a dialogue"

This is money I wasn't meant to have. Of course a fancy looking nice hat I could wear to the races or while shopping for expensive furniture..

Matching scarf is something I've been uncertain about ever since reading Pamela Davidson's " interpreting scarves from a post Lacanian perspective: a dialogue"

Let me know if you get that hat & I'll head over for the spring carnival. I've got no interest in racing but would like to see the hat though. The scarf sounds like it needs a new thread to avoid taking this one (further) off topic.

As other wiser heads have said, this money could probably be better spent elsewhere if you don't have any urgent brewery upgrades. $1500 would zero our credit card & pay a bit off the mortgage. A plate chiller may give me better aroma but it won't help me own my home sooner.

Let us know what you get mate. This thread is on page 2 in no time so you've clearly sparked some interest.

Edit: that has got to be one of the most shameless of shameless plugs. I like it.

This might sound a little crazy but if you don't know what you need then you probably don't need it. Sit on it 'til required.
+2
Why spend just 'cause you have it?
Save it and spent it when you need something.

Back