Jarrylo

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

indica86

Reaction score
clear1x1.gif

Description

clear1x1.gif

clear1x1.gif

DBox_Border_Left_Top.gif

clear1x1.gif

DBox_Border_Right_Top.gif

clear1x1.gif

Nomenclature: The Russian pronunciation is Yar-i-lo with the emphasis on the letter I.

Jarryło is the god of fertility, heralding spring. The presented was as a barefoot young man (or more rarely a girl), in a white robe, a white horse, with a wreath on his head. attributes of deity are based or sheaf of grain in one hand and in the other a human head.

Style: Dual purpose

Aroma: Pear, orange, spicy, fruity
Alpha: 15- 17 %
Beta- 7.37
Co-Hum: 35.41
Co-Lup: 59.63

Brewing with this now, I will report back with thoughts when I drink it.

I have made a simple Aussie Pale so I can get a good feel for the hop. Late additions only as it has high cohumulone content and this can lead to harsh bitterness (apparently).

very keen to hear how this turns out. just saw your pale ale. looks good.

Fermentation has finished, chucked in 25g dry hop.

Wife can smell the pear and orange, says it tastes like grapefruit.
I get not a lot of aroma, and a spicy citrusy finish. Early days yet.

Thanks to Yob I have more of this coming.
Yay! Big dirty stinking IPA time...

yum! Pear IPA \o/

man, I smelled this for the first time the other day and I dont know why I havnt been into this before..

smells like simcoe... but with a whole pack of cats, Ive not read a whole lot on it, but I suspect it'd be easy to go over the line with it as a late/dry hop.. happy to read different, but dayuum, strong smell.. more on the way..

the way the year is shaping up, its going to be a good year to experiment with varieties like these.

^This went into a pale ale that had centennial & amarillo as kettle/cube additions, and citra dry hopped.

I made two cubes, one with added jarrylo and one with chinook. The Jarrylo is by far the winner - it's meant to add banana/pear/orange/spicy. Okay, there is pear, maybe slight spice.... but I get MASSIVE apricot flavours compared to the chinook cube. Plays very well with citra :icon_drool2:. This keg is going to last all of two days....

If you can get this hop, then Get. This. Hop. Now.

Latest posts

Back