It Help Needed With Windows7

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I disagree. But hey - I only send and receive 30 or so word docs to and from multiple different organisations regularly with no problems. It takes 3 minutes to set OO up properly. Sure complex xls sheets maybe be different with heaps of macros but shit, it's school and simple word docs and xls forms.

Having been the one stuck with implementing it at a fairly large organisation, and seeing how some of the most stupid things could break it.. A least I was being paid by the hour..

My personal favourite was a document (.doc) that looked different every time you saved it in OO.. Even without making any actual changes, just doing a "Save As" and re-opening would end up with different formatting. Tables, and indenting can be problematic.

(All of this was in 3.1, my experience with 3.2 has been limited.. we scrapped OO after a few months of ongoing issues)

MUST...NOT....MENTION.......LINUX.... :ph34r:

Speaking of Linux.... kinda.... - two weeks ago I got my new 27" iMac and by god even shitty threads look beautiful on this computer. And OO works perfectly in snow leopard and boot camp XP. Agreed OO has it places and paces.

PS: Bum - more boob watching - less talking.

:p

It has been rumoured that MS an OO have settled on a set of standards for office suite documents..

Had a lot to do with the European Union telling MS that they must conform to cross platform usage

Where as the USA are just MS dominant and they wont make MS conform ( or dont have the balls to stand up to them )

Of course MS have their own "features"

Windows 7 comes with microsoft works which in my very little use of it seems to be a dumbed down version of whats in microsoft office. The word processor looks very similar the 2003 word and seems to work fine just remember to save in .doc formate. But in saying that I've only used it to type a few home brew recipies and haven't done anything fancy with it.

The microsoft works spreadsheet doesn't do macros I know that much and I haven't used anything else supplied in works.

Latest posts

Back