Is Today D-day For Hayden?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gundaroo

Reaction score
is today the end of an era for matthew hayden?, or will he bounce back?
i hope he gets a ton.
:icon_chickcheers:

I'd hate to see the end, but he needs to make a score today. Big ask given the state of that pitch. Here's hoping though.

I'd hate to see the end, but he needs to make a score today. Big ask given the state of that pitch. Here's hoping though.

Agreed. I won't knock a champion like him, but he is past his prime as a test match opening bat. If he was a football player he would be back in the reserves to regain form (him, Brett Lee, Andrew Symonds & Mike Hussey too). Frankly, the selectors must make him retire or retire him.

If Phil Jacques was fit, Hayden would have been dropped earlier (like in India).

If I were Chris Rogers, Shaun Marsh, Michael Klinger I would hope he retires at best or fails at worst as all have much better claims to be opening the batting for Australia. Like next series in South Africa.

The King is dead, long live the King.

my gut wants him to make a ton today. my head tells me he'll get <30 and retire, and porob the only two reasons he played this test was cause he needed one last chance to prove and was also so close to jane mcgrath.

This will be his last test in Australia, I can almost guarantee that.

He looks in control today!

He's gone.
And if he doesn't listen to the selectors whispering in his ear that he should retire gracefully, they'll do it ungracefully for him.

Sad, . ... but it's time to go . . . . . . .

reminds me of when Lillee, Marsh and Chappell all left!

Dry times there for a while.

Glad to see Bollinger getting one after so many close calls in the 1st innings.

The team rebuilding phase seems to have gone the same way of many house renos . . . .best intentions, way over time, frustrated owners and builders

also Sheffield Shield seems a bit bare these days as well . . . .

Good article from the SMH today regarding form and the IPL.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/sport/cricket/t...ge#contentSwap1

makes you think!

Cheers

The look of our once mighty aussie side is certainly changing, and unfortunately we are getting dragged back to the pack...

I am a big fan of change at the moment, in preparation for the ashes... but as said already above, selectors have been too slow to make changes... frustrating...

Hayden should be sacked just for dropping that catch today.

Back