Is my beer infected

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ronwales

Reaction score
I have never seen this ontop of my fermenting wort , do you think i can save?
20190527_070742.jpeg

I have never seen this ontop of my fermenting wort , do you think i can save? View attachment 115742
Has it finished fermenting and how does it taste? Certainly looks a bit funky..

Best case scenario is to keg and force carb and drink asap (don't bottle). Otherwise if it's already tasting funky (assuming you weren't trying for a sour style) then it may be destined for greener pastures.

I have never seen this ontop of my fermenting wort , do you think i can save? View attachment 115742
+1 on seeing how it tastes. If it tastes good Let it ride, it could be something great. Try to minimise oxygen exposure.

Definitely do not bottle, not yet anyway. It may take 6-12 months or more for the FG to stabilise.

Has it finished fermenting and how does it taste? Certainly looks a bit funky..

Best case scenario is to keg and force carb and drink asap (don't bottle). Otherwise if it's already tasting funky (assuming you weren't trying for a sour style) then it may be destined for greener pastures.
It taste good i decided to keg, its actually meant to be for a comp. As a golden ale lol, we shall see how it goes.

100% brett or some other wild yeast.

Leave in your keg at room temp and hook at gas connector and some tube up as a blow off tube. Might be great, might be a tipper; only time will tell.

Also, you are going to have to bomb that PET fermenter. Fill up to the brim with hot water and give it an hour soak with PBW, then acid sanitiser before reusing.

Latest posts

Back