Is It Just Me Or Is Seriously Wrong?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

discoloop

Reaction score
Is it just me or is seriously wrong? http://www.koestritzer.de/en/marken/bibop.html

"Bipop - the black one

"This is a refreshing drink of 50% Kostritzer Schwarzbier and 50% caffeinic Cola with exotic guarana."

A recent post got me thinking about my favourite schwarzbier so I decided to visit the website and came across this - suddenly it feels cheap and tacky! :(

I'm with you, it just ain't my idea of a drink. I'm to old to 'get' drinks like that. I got lost at vodka redbulls. Give me good, plain old beer and on special occasions scotch.

When I was in Canada we were drinking Dr Peppers. 3/4 fill a pint glass with half beer and half coke and then drop a shot glass off amaretto in, the skull away. :chug:

I know it doesnt sound nice but its actually pretty good

Kabooby :)

:huh:
Beer and coke...
Sound like lyrics out of "thats the way i like it..."

add some coke to your next brew for your mega swill mates they'll think your a genius

bibop! Uh yes. Almost each bigger brewery here in Germany floods the marked with at least one "Biermischgetrnk" like Bibop (Kstritzer), V+ (Veltins), Dimix (Diebels) ....

It seems to be a kind of fashion here in old Germany. I don't like it. But on the other hand it is quite common to mix beer with a soft drink. This is known for umpteen years. If you mix Pils with fanta or Sprite we call it "Radler" or "Alsterwasser". This is no new invention. The only difference in my eyes is, that you can now buy it ready made and drink it out of the bottle. It is common with younger persons. especially young ladies between 14 and 18...

Alex

Beer and coke...a great mix, but not the dark syrupy stuff.

Did I say that or just think it???

Too much of the above

add some coke to your next brew for your mega swill mates they'll think your a genius

I'd rather push my friends in front of a bus. I'd probably lose less of their respect :lol:

I've heard it referred to as "diesel"

Lots of post-production additives going into beer these days.

I read some statistics recently that showed the consumption of beer this summer in Germany was higher than in 2006 (World Cup). The sales of "mixers" also rose, but had nothing to do with the increase in beer only.

I can only guess that the drinkers of these mixers, due to the high prices, are buying beer and cola or lemonade and making their own.

WJ

I've heard it referred to as "diesel"
A Diesel is always Altbier mixed with cola. Lagers with lemon or orange lemonade are called Radler, Alster or Alsterwasser*. More beer than coke (3+1 to 2+1) but it depends on the region where you order it. It's also called "Krefelder". This is even more known. Krefeld is a city in the region whre the Altbier is originally from, the so called Lower Rhine Area. but never order a "Krefelder" in the area around Krefeld...*lol*

I can only guess that the drinkers of these mixers, due to the high prices, are buying beer and cola or lemonade and making their own.

Usually not. The young people buy it ready made except they order in a bar. There they normally mix it on their own.

Cheers,

Alex

* The Alster is a short river in northern Germany in Hamburg... ;)

Can't stand the whole concept.

But as the terms become more generic and less regional you will hear of other mixes using them. Diesel was being used as a name for any dark beer and cola mix in Berlin when I was there.

When I first went to Germany, I never saw anyone drinking mixed beer drinks in pubs, but many people mixing them at home.

Schuss bier was a favourite of my wife this time, but thats a different story.

WJ

Alsterwasser* = arsewater?

Alsterwasser* = arsewater?

Oh I have no idea about that, but I don't think so. They would not name a drink after a drirty river. At least, I hope so... *g*

I tried to find out if that river is clean or dirty, but I didn't work it out, yet. The river is only 53 km long and crosses Hamburg. So it might not be that clean...

Alex

Link to wikipedia

Back