infection question/pics?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trickymac

Reaction score
ok so put down a pilserner, just a kit and kilo with a saaz tea bag, ive been really busy for work so havent had time to bottle, prob been sitting in fermentor now for about 2 to 3 weeks at about 19/20 degrees, took lid of this morn to have a look and it and it kind of has this almost faint white like oily slick across the top, i took out the saaz tea bag
have since put lid back on fermentor
still smells beer like when i gave it a sniff
is it infected or is that slick normal or possibly from the saaz tea bag left sitting in it?
cheers

photo 1-2.JPG

photo 2-2.JPG

note the concentrated kind of bit of white slick and bubbles is where i just removed the saaz tea bag from as if it was all around the tea bag

hey qld kev, sorry for wrong section posting
and yup think youre right, after googling and having a taste and now relooking back in fermenter it was sour/acid as hell to taste and lacto i think it is
oh well, my 1st infection, time to get sanitising damm well
sad to see 23l go to waste, my 1st attempt at a pilsener
thanks for the help

Don't be too disheartened, you can sanitise like a mo'-fo' and still get an infection. Good sanitation will minimise your chances, but won't eliminate them.

Hi Tricky, to me that looks infected but as mentioned you will now when you taste it.

You said it was at 19/20c for 3 weeks, was that in a temp controlled fridge?

hi pratty, yeah it tasted bad
wasnt in temp controlled fridge, was on cold concrete slab in the shade

Back