Indonesia saved from moral outrage.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive seen a huge number of women in Camdodia and Vietnam riding on the back of scooters sitting side on. I often wondered how stable they are, but It's obvously not restricted to Indonesians or Muslims.

Mind you, with the amount of other shit you see carted around on motorbikes (a family of 4 with a baby asleep on the handle bars is a common sight) in those countries I reckon it's the least of their worries.

phoneyhuh said:
Mind you, with the amount of other shit you see carted around on motorbikes (a family of 4 with a baby asleep on the handle bars is a common sight) in those countries I reckon it's the least of their worries.
Yeah, seeing a ~2yo hanging on to a petrol tank and Mum and Dad with both hands on the bike when I was a China a while back made me feel really white and judgey.

I've been one of 5 people on a motorcycle twice (once in Siargao Island in Philipenes, once in Timor). It's cool, you don't need to hang on at all.

I remember those scooters that had a sprung driver's seat, and a separate pillion seat. In the middle was the refuel hatch.

It was far preferable to ride in the front in the foot well than as a sandwich on top of the refuel hatch.

You gotta see all the women wearing sarees riding pillion in India, all side saddle riders.

Latest posts

Back