Inaugural Gathering In Launceston

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about................

B rewers
W ith
T wo
H eads

:icon_cheers:

Paul

Now now Paul. Being a former Mansfield resident I know as well as you do that the local hanger-a-rounders at Happy Jacks look as though their gene pool needs a good dose of chlorine, and now having a comparison, I'd say more so than the average Tasmanian. Bothwell residents excluded.

Hmm might be hard to top that acronym Jim but I'm guessing it could reconcile us to a blokey future. Maybe to be more inclusive we could go for something like Brewing Lovers Of All Tas.

Looking forward to Tuesday night - some of the lurkers and skulkers out there make sure you show up as we have a bit of healthy intra state competetiveness planned to ensure that events like the forthcoming country rabbit day, brewing competition and Octoberfest seal Northern Tas's future as the premier beers swillers destination.

My acronym is purely to be thought of in jest.....I'll still buy a round for whoever can come up with a better genitalia related one though. Oktoberfest is coming together in my mind......have pork knuckle cooking workshops happening and a hopefully a number of willing brewers will put their hands up on Tuesday to enter a mini comp where a handful of German beers unavailable here in TAS will be on offer to the winner. Country rabbit day could become my freezer's favorite day of the year though.

Was looking for some feedback on how it went and any future plans, happen all too p*ssed to remember and comment.

Was looking for some feedback on how it went and any future plans, happen all too p*ssed to remember and comment.

All went good Ian, had a good turn out of around a dozen or so brewers. At this stage we're looking for another get-together mid august which will be during the week to prepare for an Oktoberfest event to be held on October 20 (after oktoberfest but this will give people a chance to get beers together). PM me your e-mail address for more info, I'm looking to set up a mailing list this weekend.

Oh bugger. How did I miss this thread once the time and place was announced?
jlm - will PM you my e-mail, hopefully I will make it to the next one.

Hey All,

I missed it too, bummer.

I am working interstate half the year, so would have missed this one anyway, but I would be keen to attend anything in the future if I am home.

Is there any way we can have a mailing list for upcomming events so we don't miss out?

Cheers

Swampy

Hey All,

I missed it too, bummer.

I am working interstate half the year, so would have missed this one anyway, but I would be keen to attend anything in the future if I am home.

Is there any way we can have a mailing list for upcomming events so we don't miss out?

Cheers

Swampy

Yep. Will be onto it this weekend. PM me your email address and I'll send you info on the next one.

Ok, am putting plans together for our Oktoberfest get together. Date will be 20/10. Venue will be my place (Rosevears). Anyone who sent me their email and hasn't got an invite to the group please let me know and I'll try again. Any Tassie brewers outside of the Launceston area who wish to attend PM me. Have a heap of space here for any overnighters. Prost!

Unfortunatly I will be interstate so I can't make the Oktoberfest.
Are we still planning on having a meeting in September? Anyone thought up a good acronym yet?
Nathan.

I may be able to make this, although not a definite starter. Are there and partners/wifes going, as Mrs LagerBomb emjoys a beer as well.
Cheers
LagerBomb

Was going to give the google groups thing a nudge about a September meet up, maybe at the cock and bull again (which I'll do tonight). PM me your email address lager bomb and I'll add you to the google groups mailing list (we're doing a little mini comp around German styled beers at the Oktoberfest shin dig but are a little short on entrants so if you make a decent hefe or something that can be put together quickly get brewing....info is on the mailing list). Any other ahb regulars who are thinking of attending please do the same. My pork knuckle cooking method is being refined with every week that passes......it'll be an afternoon of pork, sauerkraut and beer not to be missed!

And lager bomb.....yes, there will be a significant amount of significant others attending. My wife insisted that it not just be a circle jerk of beer nerds spouting brew talk.

The "big day" is getting closer fellas. (Oktoberfest)

My significant other is so excited she's going to attend twice! Once to drop me off, once to pick me up... She was going to stay, but has exams coming up and gets all tense about them.

I know I'm not the only one having trouble with the "google groups" thing. I get emails. but can't reply to them.
Is it time we started our own thread on the "Brew clubs" forum? I think we need admin permission to do that though, as I haven't been able to make one.

The "big day" is getting closer fellas. (Oktoberfest)

My significant other is so excited she's going to attend twice! Once to drop me off, once to pick me up... She was going to stay, but has exams coming up and gets all tense about them.

I know I'm not the only one having trouble with the "google groups" thing. I get emails. but can't reply to them.
Is it time we started our own thread on the "Brew clubs" forum? I think we need admin permission to do that though, as I haven't been able to make one.

The big day is indeed approaching. Big day of food and fest-area preparation on Friday arvo/night but all is looking good.

Google groups is indeed shit. The idea initially was that with google groups you wouldn't have to be a member of this forum to participate. I think we should have a chat on Saturday about what is the best option......We'll do the AHB Brew Clubs thing for sure, I think the majority of attendees are AHB'ers. There are a few who aren't though, it would be nice if there was an option that allowed group emailing/replying that wasn't as painful as google groups. Anyone know of one?

Spork, don't know where you're located but Luke, Ryan and David from Crown Cellars are attending, as well as Swizzle (Jules) and Dante Hicks (Scott) who may be able to offer a lift in to save the good Mrs Spork a drive. Unless she wants to meet us us all and hang around for lunch (and who could blame her on both accounts) in which case there's food for all.

Lets hope the weather holds out so the bonfire can be lit. It will be brief but spectacular.

So is there an Xmas meeting set? I will be down in Launceston form 18 Dec if there is a meeting due!!!

I can indeed arrange a ride Spork, we were planning to stay so it would only be one way I am afraid.

I can indeed arrange a ride Spork, we were planning to stay so it would only be one way I am afraid.

Thanks mate, will see what Jen says and give you a call if I'm going to take you up on the offer.

So is there an Xmas meeting set? I will be down in Launceston form 18 Dec if there is a meeting due!!!

Nothing set yet but hopefully the next event will start to take shape on Saturday. Sadly I'll be spending a large part of December in QLD visiting the German Club, The Scratch, Archive, Brewhouse and Tipplers Tap, and to a lesser extent, friends, lesser still, my family, and taking the wooden spoon, my wifes family.

Anyway, mini comp victory beers have arrived safe and sound:
vicbeers.jpg

I just want to say thanks to Spud (James) and his lovely fiance for hosting Oktoberfest, Gordo for the fantastic food, all brewers who contributed beers, and everyone else for the great company, laughs, and the nail game. Special mention to the crown cellars fellas for bringing two part kegs but no fittings, and special special mention to Luke for attempting to immolate his buttocks for everyone's amusement. (?) JK guys. The Murrays "Big Wednesday" was great.
Did we decide on a name? We were still tossing up between L.A.B.I.A. and B.E.E.R. Tasmania as far as I can recall...

I just want to say thanks to Spud (James) and his lovely fiance for hosting Oktoberfest, Gordo for the fantastic food, all brewers who contributed beers, and everyone else for the great company, laughs, and the nail game. Special mention to the crown cellars fellas for bringing two part kegs but no fittings, and special special mention to Luke for attempting to immolate his buttocks for everyone's amusement. (?) JK guys. The Murrays "Big Wednesday" was great.
Did we decide on a name? We were still tossing up between L.A.B.I.A. and B.E.E.R. Tasmania as far as I can recall...
No problem Gard. Enjoyed putting the show on, and glad to see the schwartzbier was well received. I was under the impression Luke was performing some kind of fire dance, I'm gonna stop in at crown after work, I'll be interested to see how he pulled up. The big Wednesday was indeed a cracker, he's welcome at any do I put on in the future. In hindsight bringing out the pyrotechnics may not have been my wisest move (send my apologies to mrs spork, that was a one in a million shot) but the only neighbour that I speak to didn't hear a thing.

I forget where we arrived at with the name, I'm thinking of starting a beers Tas thread in the clubs forum here and we'll take it from there. I'll post a few photos when I get home tonight.

Latest posts

Back