Inaugural Gathering In Launceston

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swizzle

Reaction score
Brewers and beer appreciators in Northern Tasmania are formally invited to attend the inaugural meeting of what is planned to become a regular event in Launceston, with all the benefits a beer appreciation gathering (aka Brew Club) can provide like organising bulk buys, brew days, family friendly fishing and hunting trips etc (please note we do not condone children shooting after drinking beer).

With an emphasis on showcasing different styles of beer and pairing these with the best efforts of our guest chefs there will of course also be ample opportunity to share your latest brews and shoot the breeze with experienced brewrers. There is already great support with sponsors and micro breweries on board to get behind what is destined to become the new place to be for the whos who in the Tasmanian Beer Community.

So if you have an interest in craft beer and brewing and live within shouting distance of Launceston, keep the evening of Tuesday the 7th August free. Further details to be advised. Please let me know if you are interested or swing by the Crown Cellars for more information.

Cheers
Swizzle

I'll be there with bells on, actually I don't think I will be wearing bells but I will be there

Good to see the interest! Details are scarce at the moment but please mention this to non-brewers interested in craft beer as the initial idea is to make a group involving both brewing and general beer nerd-ism and appreciation (and get them involved in brewing perhaps.......).

This is great,

Im keen to see a Launceston based group get up and running.
I have also started a mailing list HERE as I was trying to do the same sort of thing.

May struggle to make it from Smithton during the week but I am certainly interested as not much of a home brew community on the NW coast.
Get to Lonnie quite frequently for work/sport etc.

Cheers
Chris

May struggle to make it from Smithton during the week but I am certainly interested as not much of a home brew community on the NW coast.
Get to Lonnie quite frequently for work/sport etc.

Cheers
Chris

There will defnitely be weekend events too mate so stay tuned.

Working nightshift that night unfortunately. Will try to get along when possible.
Cheers
LagerBomb

Too far for me on a week day and I'm a Hobartion, would I need a passport?

Allrighty interested folks, we have a tentative venue organised for a casual get together to get the ball rolling about some sort of home brew/craft beer appreciation club. At this stage if you are interested please make yourself available to attend the Cock and Bull (upstairs) on Tuesday 7th August around 7:00pm for a brainstorming session to get this thing of the ground.

Please contact Luke at Crown Cellars or myself via PM and I'll pass along his details if you can't get there in person as we'd like to give Al, bartender extraordinaire and Cock and Bull manager type a heads up of how many to expect.

At this stage I'm assuming being on a licensed venue this won't be a bring a bottle of your finest along type event, more a meeting of like minded minds to get a formal structure of who/when/where and how often type event. However you will be permitted to sample the wares of the Cock and Bull if you feel the need. I know I will.

Hope to see many of you there (who I'll probably recognise from the Crown drive through) for a casual evening of talking beer-y, brew-y stuff.

Cheers, James

Wont' be able to make it that night, but i am interested. After footy season finishes i am a bit more flexible.

cheers
Shane

Wont' be able to make it that night, but i am interested. After footy season finishes i am a bit more flexible.

cheers
Shane

No worries Shane, the Tue night thing is not set to be a regular day at this stage. Folks who can't make it on the 7th please post please post what day of the week /frequency of a get together would suit you.

I will be moving down next year, hopefully early in the year, but will be down in December if you are organising something then I will be there

I will be moving down next year, hopefully early in the year, but will be down in December if you are organising something then I will be there

With some luck there'll be a regular meeting happening by then. We can arm wrestle for the last sparky job in town.

Giving this a bump for any who may have missed it. All is set for the Cock and Bull next Tuesday 7/8. Please give me a PM if you intend to come along. We should have enough numbers attending to get this thing off the ground! Bring along your finest brewing/beer club acronym! I'll buy a pint for anyone who can beat (on comedic grounds):

Launceston
Area
Beer
Interest
Association

Cheers, James

Another bump for any of the Saturday-post-brew-day Lonny folk who may have missed this. Spork? Haven't seen you pop up here yet?

Hmm might be hard to top that acronym Jim but I'm guessing it could reconcile us to a blokey future. Maybe to be more inclusive we could go for something like Brewing Lovers Of All Tas.

Looking forward to Tuesday night - some of the lurkers and skulkers out there make sure you show up as we have a bit of healthy intra state competetiveness planned to ensure that events like the forthcoming country rabbit day, brewing competition and Octoberfest seal Northern Tas's future as the premier beers swillers destination.

How about................

B rewers
W ith
T wo
H eads

:icon_cheers:

Paul

Back