Impressence Range

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gollywog

Reaction score
I've purchased 4 of these sachets so far.
I'm adding it to high proof neutral which I am diluting down to the recommended 40% abv. I am pretty confident that its a clean clear base for adding essences to and should allow the essence to shine through.

Here are my thoughts:

Glampari : this is good, and it will be on regular rotation in my house from now on. I am super impressed.

White rum: No flavour. I was drinking a slightly different version of my vodka. I would not call this rum in any meaningful way. Personally, with white rum, I want to make a daquiri or a pina colada. I wouldn't bother wasting those ingredients on this "rum" - back into the pot to be re-distilled into neutral.

White Tequila: same notes as the white rum. Waste of money. It reminds me of the Cazadores Blanco tequila - it has a stag on the label - basically your drinking vodka but its been labelled as tequila - back into the pot to be re-distilled into neutral.

Amaretto : I'll proof down some more vodka on the weekend and make some notes. I'm expecting good things.

Tasting was done immediately after adding the essences, i'm not sure if they need a week or two to actually become flavourful, but I cant imagine thats how this works. ie - no flavour changes over time to flavour being present.

I just remembered i've also got the Peppermint Schnapps lying around.
I made this like a month ago.

The flavour is very much like the chocolate coated spearmint leaves you can buy. Not super intense spearmint flavour, but a nice all rounder.
I'm trying to think what I would use this in, probably some sort of candy cane themed cocktail, I'm just worried the peppermint may not be intense enough.

Back