Ideas For My Ingredients

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amber Fluid

Beer Snob
Reaction score
I have a list of ingredients but am not sure of a nice recipe to make. The ingredients I have doesn't seem to fit many choices in the RecipeDB that appeal to me either and up until now I have been mainly making APA.

I am looking to do a back to back BIAB on Saturday so if I can get 2 nice tested recipes from the following ingredients it will save me floundering around myself and more than likely to get something pretty ordinary.

I would like something other than an APA and either an Ale or Lager doesn't matter and my yeast is irrelevant as I will use whatever the recipe requires.

Maybe something European for a change would be nice for one.

The ingredient list I have is:

Grains:

25kg Bairds Perle
12kg Barret Burston Ale
25kg Barret Burston Pilsner
25kg TF Marris Otter
12kg Wheat
5kg TF Choc
8kg CaraAmber
5kg CaraMalt

Hops:

500g Amarillo
500g Cascade
950g POR
1kg EKG
1kg Challenger
1kg Perle
700g Centennial
50g Nelson Sauvin

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

english brown or ipa?

Something a little different to an APA at least...

got plenty of EKG that would go swimmingly well in either

Sponge

You're screwed with your mainly american hop range, dude...

The EKG could go in a belgian pale ale... as a sub for styrian goldings.
Or make some ESB, porters & stouts with it.

Pils 95%
Wheat 5%
Por 20 ibu at 60 mins
Nelson Sauvin 1g/l at 10
Og 1044
S189 at 12c

Mo 90%
Caramalt 5%
caramber 4%
Choc 1%
Challenger 20 ibu at 60 mins
Challenger 10 ibu at 20 mins
EKG 5 ibu at 10 mins
EKG 1g/l at flameout
Og 1040-1044
1469 / 1968 or Windsor and nottingham blend

I have a list of ingredients but am not sure of a nice recipe to make. The ingredients I have doesn't seem to fit many choices in the RecipeDB that appeal to me either and up until now I have been mainly making APA.

I am looking to do a back to back BIAB on Saturday so if I can get 2 nice tested recipes from the following ingredients it will save me floundering around myself and more than likely to get something pretty ordinary.

I would like something other than an APA and either an Ale or Lager doesn't matter and my yeast is irrelevant as I will use whatever the recipe requires.

Thanks

What yeast can you get your hands on? The maris + challenger or EKG or a blend of both with some spec malt will make you a variety of UK ales.

Aussie ale with PoR and coopers yeast.

Otherwise the pilsner malt, goldings and a belgian yeast for a tripel or golden strong.

The ingredient list I have is:

Grains:

25kg Bairds Perle
12kg Barret Burston Ale
25kg Barret Burston Pilsner
25kg TF Marris Otter
12kg Wheat
5kg TF Choc
8kg CaraAmber
5kg CaraMalt

Hops:

500g Amarillo
500g Cascade
950g POR
1kg EKG
1kg Challenger
1kg Perle
700g Centennial
50g Nelson Sauvin

Thanks

95% Pils
3% Caraamber
2% Caramalt
Perle all the way. 60mins to about 35IBU
Some flameout Perle. - the most under-rated hop IMO - I love it.
Or try some EKG at flameout.
Lager yeast.

mckenry

Agree with manticle, UK beer is simple with that ingredient list.

Bitter, ESB, IPA, Brown Ale, Porter.

As long as you have a good english yeast you have several brews worth.

That is fantastic help thanks everyone!

I have Nottingham, US05, S189, Windsor and W34/70 yeast already but should be able to get a variety of any others if need be. The results will go into cubes and will be fermented in a week or two.

I did a couple of Aussie Ales recently one with US05 and the other with Coopers yeasts. They turned out pretty good and didn't last too long.

Looks like an ESB or Porter, I have never tried an English Brown though and no doubt it would be nice.

I really didn't think the range of choice I had was so much. I guess I am happy with that. :icon_cheers:

I have Nottingham, US05, S189, Windsor and W34/70 yeast already but should be able to get a variety of any others if need be. The results will go into cubes and will be fermented in a week or two.

I did a couple of Aussie Ales recently one with US05 and the other with Coopers yeasts. They turned out pretty good and didn't last too long.

Looks like an ESB or Porter, I have never tried an English Brown though and no doubt it would be nice.

I really didn't think the range of choice I had was so much. I guess I am happy with that. :icon_cheers:
Windsor goes AWESOME in a porter.

Kolsch

95% Pilsner
5% wheat
Perle @ 40 mins to 18 IBU
Kolsch yeast 2565

Nice and easy.

A liquid english yeast is a must, WY1469 a personal favourite :icon_cheers:

Coopers yeast in a porter is very nice. :icon_drunk:

Back