I Hate Commercial Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did the cat know she was Halal? :ph34r: :lol:

I better stop now...before I offend anyone, which is not my intention...

Haveagoodweekend.

TL

This is my favourite thread ever!

Sorry to drag it off topic (LOL) and brag, but check out the spread of disgusting commercial beers Kook put on for myself and a few other fellas in Perth last weekend.

I like commercial beer. Nothing wrong with it at all. I'm having a tasting with a few mates tomorrow:

Gage Roads IPA
Gage Roads Pilsner
Erdinger Weissbier
Erdinger Oktoberfest Weissbier
Pilsner Urquel
Budejovicky Pilsner
Trumer Pils
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
Anchor Steam Beer
Utenos Porteris (Lithuania)

I don't like overdoing it, tho.

DC, try and control your drunken/hungover posting. This thread is just silly. You may as well post "look at me, I have a hangover" and leave it at that.

When you put it that way...

I LOVE COMMERCIAL BEER

:chug: :chug: :chug: :chug:

Kook,

Where did you find the Stone beers? I've never seen them for sale over here.

Did you bring them back from the UK?

Jez

Where did you find the Stone beers? I've never seen them for sale over here.

Did you bring them back from the UK?
Yeah, sorry to disappoint, he brought them all back from California. It sounded like quite the operation - I think they used every kilo of their allocated baggage weight, which is a lot more than I expected when you come from the US.

Malnourished
I may have a bottle of the 05 vertical epic stashed away, pretty sure that is the one in the picture. Is it good drinking right now? Not that you would remember after working your way through that lot! I tried it back in 05, and it was a bit young. Bloody terrible commercial beer ;) Kook is obviously a terrible friend to have!
All the best
Trent

Malnourished
I may have a bottle of the 05 vertical epic stashed away, pretty sure that is the one in the picture. Is it good drinking right now? Not that you would remember after working your way through that lot! I tried it back in 05, and it was a bit young. Bloody terrible commercial beer ;) Kook is obviously a terrible friend to have!
All the best
Trent
It was actually the 04 - though I had to check the high-res version on my HD to make sure! It was in perfectly good nick, but it was one of the less memorable beers of the evening, which is obviously relative in such company. It was quite bananaey actually, so perhaps still too young...?

I'm assuming you know this, but just in case you don't, check out Stone's Vertical Epic tasting notes. Also, Greg Koch advocates cellaring his beers in a fridge, whatever that's worth.

Thanks Mal
If the 04 is still a bit young, I will sit on the 05 for another year or 2, and read the tasting notes as to when to get into it.
All the best
Trent

Back