How To Spend A Small Win

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are your family wanting food and clothing?

If they are then use it for that.

Otherwise single malt or some amazing beer you'll never get the chance to try again or a bottle of lagavulin and a bottle or two of really nice red or.........

or ask your family. Their opinion may count for more than ours.

buy a bunch of $200 flowers

and by flowers i mean a nice bunch of fuggles with maybe some cascade to add contrast

Put it in an envelope and write "Hope you have a good christmas too, with love from someone who has a nice family and a job" and put it in the charity box.

wait nick we home brewers are tight arses why did we all start to brew our own beer??? I sure as hell would love $200 but I guess I got 2 cartons of CPA and ate prawns and got pissed yesterday arvo and got pissed and played bowls today so prob all adds up to that lol

I think what Nick suggests is on the money, though you have earned it, so I would, and do every year, buy a gift for the less fortunate and put it under the tree at K-mart. Spend the rest on you or your own family.

Unless you are not that well of yourself, then your family should come first, but I guess if you were that bad of you wouldn't be asking the question? Hopefully...

tight arse employer

LOL
Was in my last job 18 years. Got a box of choc's for working xmas day @ short notice, a $100 Myer voucher for "employee of the month", a bunch of gray hairs, and a nice watch (Seiko) when I resigned. My coworkers paid for the watch.

Really tight arse employer... :D

we had to pay $25 each to go to the misses on (but thats woolies for you) I think we got it back when we turned up! but there social club pays for it all and that comes from the coke machines the employies use and the social club has to buy the softdrink off woolies at the retail price!! great company!!

:icon_offtopic: our staff party is first 3 drinks for free then buy at a hopefully discount price..food and music provided..

You can reuse these cards. You can use the card to buy another gift card, for say, the whole coles group. Buyt them from a liquor store listed on the back. You can then either keep them, or sell them on cardlimbo.com.au

You could just sell the 1C/VC/LL group one, or as i would think, swap it out for the larger group to get a bigger market.

1. cardlimbo.com.au
2. ????
3. $$$$$$

!

http://www.cardlimbo.com.au/sell-gift-cards.html

Or, find someone who shops at coles and swap them for $200.00. If you were local, i would do this for you :) It's not that hard to say, sell a $200 card out the front of coles and get $190 for it quick. People like saving a buck.

Or....

Buy 2 of the Convouisier XO cognacs from 1st Choice or Vintage Cellars for $99.99 each, and sell them for $149.99 each. Donate the $100, and keep the $200

Purchase $190 worth of styrofoam cups and $10 worth of water pistols.

Build a medieval themed castle (moat optional).

Load the water pistols with petrol.

Attack the castle.

You could fill the moat with petrol, and throw little those plastic army men in there so they melt in to a nice river of plastic styrofoam death

Attack the castle.

I would spend all of it plus more on whatever you are drinking

Attack the castle.

Lolz

:icon_offtopic: our staff party is first 3 drinks for free then buy at a hopefully discount price..food and music provided..

Lol, sometimes there are advantages to working for big companies who value their employees (*cough* contractors). Been to three xmas functions in about a week, food drink, live entertainment provided :) Oh and yes, I've charged for those days too ;)

Back on topic - spend it on yourself.

Lol, sometimes there are advantages to working for big companies who value their employees (*cough* contractors). Been to three xmas functions in about a week, food drink, live entertainment provided :) Oh and yes, I've charged for those days too ;)

Back on topic - spend it on yourself.

That's nice of them. I worked out our XMAS present to be worth a total of $6.22 each (actual out of pocket expense if i was to buy it myself with all available discounts to staff).

Then again...i'm sure they are somehow making a tax claim on it as well.

Attack the castle.

Haha, that's a top idea! Might prove to the wife that i have not in fact grown up yet and try this one day soon. Gift card or not...

Latest posts

Back