How To Spend A Small Win

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've just been given a $200 Coles/Myer gift card from work for 5 years service. All was good until I turned it over and saw the 1st Choice, Vintage Cellars and Liquorland logos on the back.

So here's the million dollar question...

Do I spend the money on feeding and clothing the family OR do I invest in some good beer and ensure a happy dad for the festive season???

Please help!!!!

Booz

Posting that question on here is like saying to a crack addict 'What should I spend this money on?'. Remember to weigh it up with the old saying 'Happy Wife, Happy Life'.

4 cartons of Mothers milk or feed the family for a week.

Easy Choice (pun intended) for me :beerbang:

Stupid question!!, tell the family it was a bottleshop voucher & spend it on enough torpedo's to sink the bismarck! :party:

Go stupid. A supersoaker watergun for each of the kids, then spend the remaining on nice booze for you and the missus!

Pete must be AHB's version of the UN or something. Very diplomatic, that man.

Pete must be AHB's version of the UN or something. Very diplomatic, that man.
LOL... I'd say switzerland... never joining in on the fight, just standing on the side with some popcorn watching the bullets fly.

Spend the voucher on groceries and with the money you would have spent at coles buy some brewing bling or spend it on ingredients to brew your own beer.

1st Choice and then share with some fellow brewers tonight ;)

[quote name='The Ol' Boozeroony' post='855652' date='Dec 16 2011, 01:29 PM']$200 Coles/Myer gift card from work for 5 years service[/quote]

tight arse employer

Do the groceries then spend the rest on beer!

By groceries i mean:
- Alfoil
- Gladwrap
- Glycerin
- Napisan
- Malt
- Bottle caps
- whatever you use in your brewery

1st choice does have some rather nice stuff >>

First choice had the little creatures 4 pack pints - Big Dippa, PA, BA, Rogers for $20 or 3 for $57. I got a few about 2 weeks back so they might still have them.

Second the Single Malt suggestion. The voucher is for you, spend it accordingly. I'm sure you'd be telling the wife the same if the situation were reversed.
And get yourself something 'extraordinary' - don't go buying the same old same old, go crazy!

Lol, just read that you had gift vouchers for coles / myer. Not sure they have an adult isle.
Apologies.

/facepalm.

Your missus and kids didn't put in 5 years at your work.

Go to First Choice and don't buy anything you've bought before.

Latest posts

Back