How To Brew Brewcraft Beez Neez (still A Newbie)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimi007

Reaction score
Hi

I've just finished brewing my first brew (Coopers Pale Ale) and it's nicely sitting in the bottles waiting to be drunk.
Can't wait to taste it in 3-4 weeks.

I received a beez neez brewcraft kit and am planning on doing this for my next brew.

It contains

1 x Beermakers Lager
2 x Wheat unhopped Dries Spray Malt 500g
1 x Muntons premium gold yeast
1 x Brewiser finishing hops
1 x honey 500ml

Have read the instructions but they're not exactly straightforward.

I wanted to know how i'd go about mixing all the ingredients to get the brew started.

Basically do i heat the hops first with water , bring to boil then let cool
then empty the lager can into the fermenter with the spray malt and add 2 litres of water.
Then add the hops and honey fill the fermenter up with water , then the yeast and watch it brew.

Or is finishing hops used when the brew is just about done?

thanks
Jimi

Boil the kettle, grab a clean coffee cup, put the hop bag in there, add hot water, cover with a saucer, then go about mixing the rest of the ingredients up in your fermenter. Obviously you are going to have a spotless fermenter, tap, airlock, grommet etc to start with. Give everything a nice spray with a no rinse sanitiser prior to use if you have some.

Once all the malts, honey and kit are dissolved, top up to 23 litres ensuring the end temperature is at 20 degrees. Don't use too much hot water at the start or the temp may end up at 30. A good kit brewing trick is to find some spotless takeaway food containers, fill with water, pop the lid on, freeze them and have nice big iceblocks to drop into the fermneter to bring the temp down.

After topping to 23 litres, pour the coffee cup of warm water and the hop bag into the fermenter. If the hop bag bursts, don't worry, the hops will sink to the bottom.

Open the sachet of yeast and sprinkle on top of the wort in the fermenter. Pat yourself on the back for a job well done.

Keep the fermenter at 20 degrees if possible. 18-22 is ok, but 18-20 is better.

Boil the kettle, grab a clean coffee cup, put the hop bag in there, add hot water, cover with a saucer, then go about mixing the rest of the ingredients up in your fermenter. Obviously you are going to have a spotless fermenter, tap, airlock, grommet etc to start with. Give everything a nice spray with a no rinse sanitiser prior to use if you have some.

Once all the malts, honey and kit are dissolved, top up to 23 litres ensuring the end temperature is at 20 degrees. Don't use too much hot water at the start or the temp may end up at 30. A good kit brewing trick is to find some spotless takeaway food containers, fill with water, pop the lid on, freeze them and have nice big iceblocks to drop into the fermneter to bring the temp down.

After topping to 23 litres, pour the coffee cup of warm water and the hop bag into the fermenter. If the hop bag bursts, don't worry, the hops will sink to the bottom.

Open the sachet of yeast and sprinkle on top of the wort in the fermenter. Pat yourself on the back for a job well done.

Keep the fermenter at 20 degrees if possible. 18-22 is ok, but 18-20 is better.

Excellent. A nice & simple explanation for a beginner - the way it should be.

You don't need to be too fussy with this kit and it'll be a good intro into making some more 'fancy' brews in the future.

As long as you sanitise everything properly and watch the fermenter temperature nothing can really go wrong.

Back