How To Brew Antioxidant Rich Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Read through it all....... And here is the pertinent bit

"Warnings

* It is not recommended that someone begin drinking beer in order to gain health benefits. Beer may only promote health when consumed in moderation. Alcohol can be very harmful to your health, especially when consumed in excess. It is very important that pregnant and nursing women not consume alcoholic beverages, as alcohol is very harmful to the fetus, infants, and children. It may be wise for beer drinkers to consume no more than one pint of beer per day."

"Avoid using a whirlpool, if possible. The whirlpool process can remove much of the healthy antioxidants from the beer. Removing trub by filtering the wort through a layer of whole hops may be an excellent substitute for the whirlpool process."

The Warren method strikes again!

reVox

Bottom line is: A dark, hazy, bitter, grassy, rapidly-chilled, yeasty beer consumed in moderation is good for you. No Chill users will therefore die young :ph34r:

Bottom line is: A dark, hazy, bitter, grassy, rapidly-chilled, yeasty beer consumed in moderation is good for you. No Chill users will therefore die young :ph34r:

From Botulism ????

Cheers Pumpy, excellent.

So basically maltier, higher hopped and unfiltered homebrewed beers are higher in antioxidants than their megaswill companions. I think our hobby is now validated and future expenditures are simply a health product when discussing with the minister of finance (the missus).
:icon_cheers:

beer truly is a great thing that mankind has been blessed with, haha

Cheers Pumpy, excellent.

So basically maltier, higher hopped and unfiltered homebrewed beers are higher in antioxidants than their megaswill companions. I think our hobby is now validated and future expenditures are simply a health product when discussing with the minister of finance (the missus).
:icon_cheers:

This will definitely be my best excuse for not filtering my beers. :super:

TP :beer:

Back