How Many Beers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So glad you didn't quote my entire post Fingerlickin as I was just in the process of editing out a whole para of garbage I wrote where I sounded like a school teacher. My goodness! Was sober too - LOL

Of course you're right on the cubes. Only whacked that in 'cos I thought it would save Mark from having to buy a second keg. If I have an empty keg, I'll often go straight from the fermenter. Depends how lazy I'm feeling. If my kegs are full, I'll rack into the cubes and leave them in the fridge for as long as I like. More kegs would be nice though ;)

Cheers
PP

Ah, ok I never thought of that...I just thought "buy more kegs"...hehehe :super:

PZ.

My question is :-

Has anyone here successfully changed over pin lock keg posts for ball lock posts?

Yes. I bought a 3 gal keg off eBay that came with Pin Lock, and I switched the posts over to Ball Lock. There are a couple of different types of posts (ones with an internal thread, and ones with an external thread). You just have to get the right ones.

Beers,
Doc

Doc & Linz,

Thanks for the replies.

How did you remove the pin lock posts?

I was thinking of some sort of modified socket perhaps.

Wally
I worked in the HB industry for a while and have converted countless pin lock kegs over to ball lock. It can be done easily, but as Doc said there are different posts out there - make sure you get the right ones (an expensive mistake if you get the wrong size or thread - ask your supplier or HB operator). I used a long spark plug remover with groves cut into the end that fit over the pins - a very effective (and cheap) pin lock tool.

Lacto.

EDIT: Changed a highly embarassing spelling error - cut... they were CUT into the end :blink:

Since december 2 2005 i have brewed 900 litres of homebrew and drank 1650 bottles of beer.Has anyone had a similar experience??

• Date Diff From 1/12/2005 to the 26/04/2007 is 505 days.
  • 1650 750ml bottles is 1237.5 litres
  • 1237.5 / 505 = 2.45l @ Day

But the OP was on the 2nd of August last year. 243 days, 3.7 litres a day (as well as 6.8 bottles??? :eek: ). Not sure if that's extra or what. Either way, it's too much and an old post. :lol:

Back