How Do You Serve Using Multiple Pressures

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this what you mean?

regulator.JPG

I got this regulator from the states not too long ago and just got a AS nut took the stem off and changed so it would fit our CO2 bottles.

I was thinking of 5 of them but it was a bit OTT.

The are all primary regulators so I can still have the gas bottle pressure dial.

Now I can run a lager/wheat, Ales, and others.

Tom.

I have six kegs, one main reg on the gas bottle, six secondary regulators, and each gas line has a non return valve. Can serve every keg at a different pressure.

Have a look here to see how it was done. I have all the bits to do the other fridge as well. As soon as I get around to it.

http://www.tigereye.net.au/bluedog/fridge.html

Cheers,

Bud

I also run two regs off one bottle.

I unscewed the output off one reg put a tee in there and put th out put on one leg of the tee and the other reg on the other leg.

It means one reg is upside down (not that that matters as far as i'm aware) and you need to run the hp off the first reg.

I use it for force carbing, i have a couple meters of line coming directly off the first reg that doesn't go into the fridge, so i can roll the kegs on the floor. But it would work just as well for what you guys are trying.

Can't remember what the size the threads were, but they were standard bsp thread.

hmmm decisions.. $80 for single reg or $200 for dual.. might just stick with single for now and use this option when i come around to having 2 beers like that on tap.

Where you paying $200 for a dual reg?....

$100 HERE although I use the Tesuko for $150. Someone previously said do it once and do it right. It will save you a lot of stuffing around for the extra $20 is well worth it imo.

oh thanks. so much good info so far. i was looking at regs on here Kegs online. I was under impression the micromatic ones are good and that it would be better to go for a good quality one than a cheaper chinese one.. Although if people have used these cheaper ones with success i'm all for saving some $

I haven't used the Dorado one but heaps of people here have the Tesuko and I reckon that is pretty good bang for your buck. They are very easy to operate too :icon_chickcheers:

I'm using a 6 reg setup purchased from a guy who rebuilds/restores them in the US. Unit came completely tested, OK etc. From memory, I paid around $150USD for it. Happened to be in the States around the time of purchase, so carried home in luggage.

man1.jpg

man2.jpg

And I picked up 6 JG non-return valves again in the US@$9 or so, each.

Prior to this arrangement I was fiddling with balancing between kegs, serving pressures, etc.
I can track down the contact info on the seller if others are interested - great to deal with, highly recommended.

reVox

I'm using a 6 reg setup purchased from a guy who rebuilds/restores them in the US. Unit came completely tested, OK etc. From memory, I paid around $150USD for it. Happened to be in the States around the time of purchase, so carried home in luggage.

man1.jpg

man2.jpg

And I picked up 6 JG non-return valves again in the US@$9 or so, each.

Prior to this arrangement I was fiddling with balancing between kegs, serving pressures, etc.
I can track down the contact info on the seller if others are interested - great to deal with, highly recommended.

reVox
Ken awesom deals there revox. Lucky bugger!
Daz

If someone could do this in aus, I dare say they would be a very popular person, and make a couple of bucks in the process...

Take the high pressure gauge off one regulator and get a threaded brass pipe and remove the CO2 inlet from the second regulator and join them that way.

The adjustable taps aren't gonna happen as I have invested in Perlicks last year.

Course, I could look around for another fridge and have an extra two taps in there using my old taps.........hmmmm, then I'd have six beers on draught at any one time :icon_drool2:

http://www.craftbrewer.com.au/shop/details.asp?PID=4253

works for me ;)

You could have just the one tap with the variable flow control...

Or the new Perlick Flow Control taps ;)

thinking this might be the go
regulaterdual2%20zencart.JPG
with perlick flow controls. thanks for all the help

Hi guys,
Just wondering whether it would be worthwhile getting the more expensive Micromatic secondary regs
micro matic
or the cheaper ones
cheaper
I know people say you get what you pay for but just thought I would ask the question,
Cheers,
Hopie

Back