How Do I Brew Tooheys New?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spy cam in mothers shower. **** thats good, so many layers of humor haha.
But srsly. Flo.

people who are reading this and haven't seen it, are thinking

"what the **** is going on?"

After playing around with homebrewing for a while now and spending more time on this forum than I should, I have learned that whatever you ask on here there is a chance of someone giving you that kind of clever feedback.

I ask about how to filter beer, and I get five replies about why anyone would want to filter beer (plus lots of really good ones).
I ask about how to make low-alcohol beer, I get 15 replies saying I should drink fewer full-strengths rather than worry about brewing low-alc beer..
I think you'll find that is not just confined to this forum, but any public forum on the internet and elsewhere. Anyway my advice for newcomers like the OP would be; Use the forum search as a first resource, and read all the articles in the wiki. Don't get your knickers a twist when someone disagrees with you, text isn't the best medium for communication with strangers. Take all criticism constructively; there are very few UNhelpful people here but as the saying goes, ask a stupid question get a stupid answer (not saying your Q was, but everyone's opinion is different).

I see a lot of new people to this forum and maybe forums in general are put off by some responses, which I find silly, this is a great resource but you should take a lesson in constructive criticism even if it isn't all that constructive.

/rant

:icon_offtopic:

Sorry for not helping with the question, but keep the thread on the 'trolling', but here goes:

What if the person posting had a "Delete" button next to each post in his/her thread?

So if I start a new thread, asking a question, I "own" that thread and can delete any replies I don't like

Imagine that, that should keep posts on topic, eh! :lol:

disclaimer:
I don't stress it when I get replies that are asking for the motivation for my question rather than help with the question, and in all honesty I am not for censoring the forums..

But it makes for an interesting concept though, doesn't it?

Don't like your answer, BAM, you are gone, hehe.

I believe the phrase is "flame suit on"

trolltech.gif

Bjorn

Don't worry, I have my fire suit on!! This NOTHING compared to a reptile website!!! I used to breed reptiles, NOW THAT is a firery subject!!!! Tell them you feed your snakes live food and WHAM!!!!!! Instant fights LOL!!!!

Good advice, however - everyone accepts there are idiots in this thread and no one admits to being one. Who to believe?

I admit nothing cos everyone knows I'm an idiot.

flowchart.jpg

Bjornj, your idea intrigues me. Would such a function be able to prevent someone from coming into a thread without anything to add to the topic other than trying to start personal flamewars?

Dude asked how to get the best results out of a brew made purely from supermarket ingredients - I gave him what I felt was the most realistic answer given his experience and attitude to brewing right now. Other people gave other advice. (Some of us had a bit of a laugh about independent Australian cinema of the 90s.) You inferred that someone who has proffered advice is purely a troll (without actually having the minerals to come out and actually say who it might be) and have offered nothing to help OPs beer.

Best of luck with your ePenis building endeavours.

This helps... HOW??? Oh wait.... I know. We are all having a good laugh!!!

Dude. Your question is answered. There will be no magic answer forthcoming. You want to stick with supermarket ingredients only? Then you are very limited to what you can do to improve your beers. Cooler temps. More time. Sorted. Will it taste like New? No. Will you ever make a brew the same as New? No. Will you make beer you're very happy with. Yes. Already all said. Read more.

Thanx bum... so I need to drop my temps below 20 even thought he cans instructions say fermenting will stop below 18??

The can (cake) is a lie.

OK, cool. So like I said in another thread, I have taken the electric blanket out from under my fermenters and put it under my bottled brew to lift them up from 15 to 24 degrees. My fermenters should now run at about 15.. is this good and how long do I leave in the fermenters at 15? The "can" says 1 week but some say 2 weeks is better. What do I do?

OH yeah and I just got given some Corona's,,, now that IS cheap watery alcohol!!!!

Back