Horrible Beez Neez...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whatever it is, even if its just one beer that you have poured in your glass and gone oh gee wizz, pour it back in the bottle and give it back to them, don't even tip it down the sink, I think is the ultimate stance, give it back to them. :lol:

In the case of I have a whole lot of this beer and I only opened one and took a sip....................
As everyone has said no probs, money back has to be a given.

Microbrewed beer maybe gets a bad name amoung those giving it a try for the first time because of this and that has on going affects, aside from us brewers theres a lot of drinkers educated but its a shame new people can be put off by substandard beer being sold as the ducks guts or the beez neez. :eek:

Last time I checked Beez Neez was a horrid tasting beer regardless of whether it was stored well or not :ph34r:

Had my best ever Beez Neez several years ago when it was a new product - long before they appeared to cut the amount of honey in the brew down to save a quid. At least that's what my tastebuds told me - pure speculation, but they haven't let me down yet.

When you crack one of these beers open now and taste it - it is teetering on the brink of average in terms of flavour. For a honey beer where is the honey? Where is the real sweet punch of flavour you used to get in this? It disappeared long ago methinks.

I reckon it's great you got a replacement for your faulty beers, but next time grab a better brew. This product was a good one in the Matilda Bay range years ago, but it's star has long since faded.

My 2c,

Hopper.

Last time I checked Beez Neez was a horrid tasting beer regardless of whether it was stored well or not :ph34r:

Had my best ever Beez Neez several years ago when it was a new product - long before they appeared to cut the amount of honey in the brew down to save a quid. At least that's what my tastebuds told me - pure speculation, but they haven't let me down yet.

When you crack one of these beers open now and taste it - it is teetering on the brink of average in terms of flavour. For a honey beer where is the honey? Where is the real sweet punch of flavour you used to get in this? It disappeared long ago methinks.

I reckon it's great you got a replacement for your faulty beers, but next time grab a better brew. This product was a good one in the Matilda Bay range years ago, but it's star has long since faded.

My 2c,

Hopper.

+1 Beez Neez aint the Dog's Bollocks it the Dogs @rsehole...A taste off with VB or West End would see West End or VB win.

I'd take it back get them to replace it with something decent and tell Matilda Bay to get their shit together.

This is a cop out. From what I gather is the retailer has the responsibility to make sure the product they are supplying the consumer is ...well consumable...Woolie/coles etc don't grow the vegetables, cows, milk, etc etc but they are responsible for selling it to the consumer in good condition.

I say the response you got was just a cop out.

Pok

+1. "If goods do not meet a statutory condition or statutory warranty, it is a breach of the contract between buyer and seller. When this happens, consumers are entitled to a remedy from the seller."Warranties & refunds, a guide for consumers and business, ACCC

It used to taste a lot better when it was made here in Perth. I complained to Matilda bay about the change in flavor when the moved the brew origin and they never bothered to reply to my concerns.

So I choose with my wallet, and I never buy Beez Neez again. I always tell friends this story hoping they to will chose not to buy this product as well.

Well simply put.... you reap what you sow. Support a multinational who only cares about shareholder and the bottom line by buying their product, then expect lousy treatment. You'd have been far better off by supporting a local, independent craft brewer, who i'm sure would have been happy to refund your product & then some! Sure you may pay a few extra cents, but isn't that worth it?

While I think supporting independent business is great and prefer to do it as much as possible (for all reasons from product to ethos to service) it's a bit rich to suggest that buying a sixpack of commercial beer means you deserve it to be off and be given shit service from the retailer.

Back