Horizontal Co2

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PHARSYDE

Reaction score
Hi ya's,

This may be a silly question but i thought i would ask?

Can you lay Co2 bottles on there side? (ie: no room in fridge with 2 kegs and have a shelf free)

Anyone know? :rolleyes:

If it is a normal CO2 bottle (or extinguisher with dip tube removed) that should be ok.

Disclaimer - I am not a compressed gas expert! :ph34r:

Hi ya's,

Can you lay Co2 bottles on there side? (ie: no room in fridge with 2 kegs and have a shelf free)

Don't think so, for the same reason fire extinguishers with dip tubes must be turned upside down to dispense gas (not the liquid co2)

Hi ya's,

The industrial ruling(work place)is that all pressure bottles are to be kept in an upright state at all times. Had a work van fitted out with roll out trays so the extinguishers could be transported in a standing situ. It kinda stops the valves becoming make shift bullets if something goes wrong...unless you're standing over it!
Bottles also become rockets if they're near a wall.. read a report out of kiwi land of one taking off and killing a lady in a first floor office! head shot!
So modify the fridge seal for the gas line and tie the bottle to the side of the fridge

If it is a normal CO2 bottle (or extinguisher with dip tube removed) that should be ok.

Disclaimer - I am not a compressed gas expert! :ph34r:

No you can't !

Unless the bottle is nearly empty you will get liquid CO2 drawn into the regulator which will chill it down to -80C when it boils and expands massively.

Dave

Thanks guys, I thought it was the way but better that i asked....

Cheers

Back