• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Hops Rhizomes For Sale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok everyone thats waiting for me to post out their rhizomes, ive got some bad news they have been delayed till i can ether get the spreadsheet of my laptop that has died yesterday or i can fix it which ill be working on tomorrow. hopefully its nothing major.

wahoo got the spreadsheet off it and its looking like the hard drive is still good just to figure out why its not running as it should.

back up and running. still have a few left.

all the small and medium hallertau are gone. still have some larges left. plenty of mt hood in all sizes.

all the small and medium hallertau are gone. still have some larges left. plenty of mt hood in all sizes.

Just to let you know, that Hallertau I got from you some time ago, and was originally a bit worried
about how healthy it looked.

It's already popping it's head up in the pot, bloody thing think's it's spring already :D

Guess it was healthy enough, now I've just got to keep it protected from next months frosts
and it'll be away like a rocket!!

good to hear. mine are doing the same thing but i just keep burying them.

ok the 3yr old hallertau is gone.

I know nothing of Mt Hood but really want to plant some hops - what are the characteristics?

Cheers - Mike

Name: MT. HOOD
Grown: US
Profile: mild, clean aroma
Typical use: finishing for German style lagers
Example: Anderson Valley High Rollers Wheat Beer, Portland Ale
AA Range: 3.5 - 8%
Substitute: Hallertauer Mittelfrueh, Hallertauer Hersbrucker, Liberty,
Tettnang

actually this is a better description
Mount Hood is generally perceived as an aroma variety with similar characteristics to the German Hallertauer Mittlefruh and Hersbrucker varieties. The cones contain a moderate amount of lupulin that is yellow in colour. The aroma is generally pleasant, mild and herbal. In British style ales the flavour comes through as delicate, floral and slightly herbal

Got mine on the weekend, thanks barls.

Nice sized Mt Hood, now to find a spot in the garden to plant the bugger! I appreciate the effort to send to W.A. - hope there wasn't too much paperwork to appease the quarantine boys for you. Not many people posting hops rhizomes into W.A. these days, so definitely appreciated. And much cheaper than the similar ones I've seen on ebay.

good to hear mate. it wasnt too hard as i did all the hard work in the workshop.
ok peoples there are 2 large hallertau left and a couple of each size of the mt hoods left.
just as a heads up with the large, i can pack in to a box in one of two ways. the first being in damp paper with more paper as padding, this should be below 3kg in total weight. the second is packed in damp coir. this ends up being just over 3kg but under 4kgs.

Scored a small Mt. Hood rhizome. Looks the goods! Cheers!

ok one large hallertau, one large mt hood left, but still have a few of the other sizes in mt hood.

ok now the mt hood.
14 small, 14 medium and 2 large with 5 2 yr old with pic below as per previous one.
07062009010.jpg

so here are the prices,
small $15 med $25 large $35 2yr old $50 with the 3yr old hall for 60.
these are all plus postage as has been said perviously and i can also be bribed for a lower price with beer.
ok all the hallertau is gone or spoken for. hoping to post out the next lot tomorrow if i get a chance.
still have a few of each size in the mt hood though.
they are selling quick though.
cheers barls

Back