Hops For A Weihenstephaner

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tintin

Reaction score
About to tackle a Weihenstephaner Hefe...I was going to add Hersbrucker, but if anybody knows of the actual hops that are used that would be great. Thanks

Tettnanger is the classic german wheat beer hop, no idea if they use it in the weihenstephaner weizens though. I think as long as it's noble it should be fine, the main flavour comes from the yeast.

About to tackle a Weihenstephaner Hefe...I was going to add Hersbrucker, but if anybody knows of the actual hops that are used that would be great. Thanks

Im actually pretty sure it is a Hersbrucker for the finishing hops? I always thought it was anyways....

good luck with this one, I can enver get that ultra cloves using the 3068 - still trying though!

Yes, I'm using the 3068. Always used Whitelabs, so using my first Wyeast will be an experience. They seem to have more of a range too.

Im actually pretty sure it is a Hersbrucker for the finishing hops? I always thought it was anyways....

good luck with this one, I can enver get that ultra cloves using the 3068 - still trying though!

Tintin - IMO any of the noble hops do the trick. Weizens are low IBU's and hop flavour is low to none.

Facter - Without going too far off topic - Cloves = lower ferm temp, Banana = higher ferm temp. Also search for the 'rule of 30'. Plenty of info available re: Weizen yeast.

Cheers

Back