Hopper Whitman - The new "Steam Rail"

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bribie G said:
This is one weird beer. Made in NZ.
Had one last weekend. Reminded me of dish washing detergent....very strange indeed. Apparently ginger in it to according to the label. It was hard to finish. Also went to Aldi today and grabbed a case of the Hopper Whitman Amber ale for $40.00. Not bad at all for the price. Will definately try the nut brown.

Also grabbed a big jar of pickled red cabbage as I havent had that in years to go with my pie n chips for tea!

Cheers
Steve

I had the Hopper Whitman Wittbier about six months ago. It wasn't bad although not super awesome either.

The six pack of HW Nut Brown didn't make it through one game of footy. I'm not sure I'd call it an authentic Northern Brown or English BItter even, but it was a very nice and highly sessionable beer anyway. Well worth the money in my opinon.

The Amber and Pale Ales are very close to the same colour and in fact the main difference to my palette was the Pale had a touch more citrussy hop in the finish. As others have said not shockingly good but quite good session beers and I'd buy both of these ahead of a sixer of Aussie mega swill any day.

Back