Hop timer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batz

Batz Brewery...Hand crafted beers from the 'Batcav
Reaction score
Has anyone ever found a simple kitchen type timer that will do multiple alarms? Suitable for hop additions. I like something I carry about on brew days, I can't hear a computer or BM buzzer unless I'm sitting next to it. Too many years as a heavy equipment fitter.I really only need about four alarms, anymore than that and I would be close by the boil anyway.

6c817d97-a3af-4de8-ae01-a68a8dde63c1.jpg

I use the clock app on my phone (android). Let's me add as many timers as I want.

My (i)phone's alarm let's me set and save as many alarms as I like.

Although I use the timer function, after each mash step or hop addition I'll set it for the next addition (hoping that I remember to do so ... I often forget and guess how long it has been).

kaiserben said:
My (i)phone's alarm let's me set and save as many alarms as I like.

Although I use the timer function, after each mash step or hop addition I'll set it for the next addition (hoping that I remember to do so ... I often forget and guess how long it has been).
Well that's what I do with my kitchen timer, surely someone makes one with multi alarms.

What kind of phone do you have? If it was made any time on the past few yeasr you'll be able to set multiple alarms. I've just been too lazy to do it.

Or something like this?

m.ebay.com.au/itm/Alarm-Clock-5-Groups-Noisy-Bell-12-24-Hours-Countdown-Multi-Kitchen-Timer-/301578858271?nav=SEARCH

Glen W said:
Or something like this?

m.ebay.com.au/itm/Alarm-Clock-5-Groups-Noisy-Bell-12-24-Hours-Countdown-Multi-Kitchen-Timer-/301578858271?nav=SEARCH
That looks like what I want! Cheers will order one now. :super:

Batz said:
Has anyone ever found a simple kitchen type timer that will do multiple alarms? Suitable for hop additions. I like something I carry about on brew days, I can't hear a computer or BM buzzer unless I'm sitting next to it. Too many years as a heavy equipment fitter.I really only need about four alarms, anymore than that and I would be close by the boil anyway.
?????? That's what your Brewer's Assistant is for!!

I'm waiting for some parts to try and make a cheap automatic hop dispenser for my next project. I hate it when you get sidetracked and miss a time schedule. I think in my case though it's mainly due to old farts syndrome.

real_beer said:
?????? That's what your Brewer's Assistant is for!!
He's not good with times.

DSCF4020.JPG

brewtimer on the iPhone. you can customise it to what ever you want.

Back