Hop Rhizomes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khendrickson

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am trying to find some rhizomes for hops. I would like Chinook, and Casacade and possibly some Golding. I am new to the whole hop thing in Australia. I came from North America where this would be planting time for the being of the growing year. I figured I would start now looking so that I could get some in the ground say later August early September? (if not i can propogate them earlier in the green house). Could someone please point me in the direction of geting these?

Thanks

Still a bit early.

Often brewers will post here if they have some for trade or to sell.

Also keep an eye on ebay for a user called hopswest. http://myworld.ebay.com.au/hopswest

If I learn to dig the damn things up and split them properly, I may have some chinook or Goldings later in the year.

If I learn to dig the damn things up and split them properly, I may have some chinook or Goldings later in the year.
Learning is easy, but making the time and going to the effort ... may not be. ;)

I don't mind time and effort - I just get scared I'll kill my hop plants.

They're resilient bastards though so I shouldn't be a wuss about it.

I figured I would start now looking so that I could get some in the ground say later August early September? (if not i can propogate them earlier in the green house). Could someone please point me in the direction of geting these?
QUOTE manticle:
Also keep an eye on ebay for a user called hopswest.

"Rupert Ward" <[email protected]> is the guy I dealt with from HopsWest to buy
some Cascade last October - I think a fellow AHBer I shared the rhizomes with did well
with them (mine not so well but that's probably due to no watering for two weeks in
January :( ) Rupert might be able to help you get some as early as could be.

Might be best to seek rhizomes from within WA sources - state quarantine laws make
shipping 'zomes a bit tricky (esp into WA from memory).

T.

Edit. Punktuation

They're resilient bastards though so I shouldn't be a wuss about it.
More than you know, at least 3 or 4 new 'plants' grew and cropped well in mum's vegie garden this year, despite my best efforts to dig them all out and remove them completely over the winter. So once established - unless you do something totally stupid with them, I doubt you could kill them if you wanted to.

QUOTE manticle:
Also keep an eye on ebay for a user called hopswest.

"Rupert Ward" <[email protected]> is the guy I dealt with from HopsWest to buy
some Cascade last October - I think a fellow AHBer I shared the rhizomes with did well
with them (mine not so well but that's probably due to no watering for two weeks in
January :( ) Rupert might be able to help you get some as early as could be.

Might be best to seek rhizomes from within WA sources - state quarantine laws make
shipping 'zomes a bit tricky (esp into WA from memory).

T.

Edit. Punktuation

Thanks for the heads up about the state quarantine laws. I will have to look into this.

PBR

Back