Hop Rhizomes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenny the plumber

Reaction score
Hi, I am told that it is almost the time of year to harvest hop rhizomes,
Is there any one on WA that is digging some up and would like to sell me some.
Please!!
Kenny the plumbeeeer :chug:

Hi, I am told that it is almost the time of year to harvest hop rhizomes,
Is there any one on WA that is digging some up and would like to sell me some.
Please!!
Hi Kenny,

I am in WA and will be digging up lots of hop rhizomes soon and I would like to sell them all ;)

Rhizomes then will have their labels tied on and after thorough washing they will be placed in damp coir for storage in my coolroom.

They will then start going up on eBay auctions at 99c, difficult to say exactly when, probably starting after July, when
I start digging them out. Have some big Cascades that are still quite green, so these will come out a little later.
I prefer to let the leaves/fine roots totally dieback for full translocation of food reserves into the rhizome and storage
roots, plus allowing development of large resting buds on the crowns.

Click here > HopsWest then (under photo of the Cascade cones) click "Add to favourite sellers"
and then subscribe to receive a HopsWest email summary of rhizomes for sale, (when they become available).

I will initially just put a few a week on eBay while the digging is going on. When the manuring is all done I will sell more
of them, right through to end of year.

Have plenty of Cascade, Hallertau, Golding, smaller numbers of Perle, Hersbrucker and just a few of Tettnanger,
Wuertemberger, Cluster and Tardif-de Bourgogne. May also have a few Willamette.

Rupert the groweeeer :icon_cheers:

Back