Hop Rhizome Wholesalers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After I harvest mine later this year, Melb Brewers are welcome to come and take as many cuttings as they like.
Try and start them up for the next season.
Will post more later.

johnno

universal_counters__t.t.___misc_905.jpg

View attachment universal_counters__t.t.___misc_905.jpg

I'll be looking to swap/sell some hop rhizomes after this season. Essentially looking to cut back on the hop jungle a bit and create room for new varieties. Varieties I have are tettnang, hallertau, hersbrucker, perle, cluster and pride of ringwood. I'm hoping to acquire some british/american varieties.

Any surplus rhizomes I don't swap for other varieties (and there will be SURPLUS!) I was thinking of placing on ebay but could sell directly here if anyone is interested in the above varieties. I think $15 per rhizome for german varieties and $12 for cluster and POR plus postage is a good discount on the brewshops and about what others charge.

I'm in NSW and all the german varieties above grow well but not quite like pride or cluster. I've had most success in terms of harvest with hersbrucker and perle, and hallertau has proved the most difficult.

I'll be looking to swap/sell in winter. Let me know if interested, especially if you have brit/american varieties to swap.

lochy

T.D. said:
Yeah, I've given Stewart a call too - he has sent me a list of the varieties he will have rhizomes for in 2006. They are:

Goldings
Perle
Nugget
Cluster
Tettnang
Wurtemberger
Columbus
Willamette
Precoce de Bourgogne
Tardif de Bourgogne
Chinook
Mt Hood
Pride of Ringwood
Hallertau
Hersbrucker

Does anybody know what the best substitute from this list is for saaz? I have Tettnang planned but does anybody know much about some of the others - Wurtemberger, Precoce de Bourgogne and Tardif de Bourgogne in particular. By the way, he said he is getting saaz but its still in quarantine and won't be available this season.

I think $16 is good, especially when compared to at least double that through the brewshops.

And Batz, he said he no longer will do bulk discounts so there might not be any real benefit in doing a bulk buy. Bugger.

Thanks for that !
$16.00 ...I am happy with that,will send of an email tonight.
I am not in the best area for hops but just look at AndrewQld's results !

Worth a try

Batz
[post="106286"][/post]​

Cheers TD
That's great , I am happy with $16.00
I'll email him tonight and order a few , my location is not the best for hop plants but then look at AndrewQld's results!

If I can get mine to grow like that I'll be thrilled

Cheers Batz

Bump.

Has anyone dealt with this guy yet? TD, Batz?

Waiting for a reply,I'll post the info I recieve here for all.

Batz

Just received an email from Stewart.

$17 plus postage and handling.

I'm off to order now

Beats Grumpy's $37.50 delivered.

If anyone in Qld fancies sharing postage I wouldn't mind a Columbus.

cheers Ross

Brauluver said:
Just received an email from Stewart.

$17 plus postage and handling.

I'm off to order now
[post="126134"][/post]​

Did he mention any deadline for order cut off? It's a pity he doesn't have Centennial, but you can't beat the price.

Cheers.

Ross said:

cheers Ross
[post="126140"][/post]​

I will be getting a few Ross
But sharing postage may not help with our distance.

Batz

Batz said:
Ross said:

cheers Ross
[post="126140"][/post]​

Batz
[post="126250"][/post]​

I'll go a Perle Batz, you ordering?

Screwtop said:
Batz said:
Ross said:

cheers Ross
[post="126140"][/post]​

Batz
[post="126250"][/post]​

I'll go a Perle Batz, you ordering?
[post="126257"][/post]​

I need to know the details first,but yes if possiable I'll order a few

Batz

Batz said:

Batz
[post="126250"][/post]​

Batz, we've got the case swap coming up & it's also an excuse for us to a share beer either here or at the Batcave. If you can order one for me, I'll sort you out the $$ whenever.

Cheers Ross

Will do Ross
Soon as I hear I'll let you and Scewtop know
bindi suggested we have the swap at his place.

Batz

Duff said:
Bump.

Has anyone dealt with this guy yet? TD, Batz?
[post="126097"][/post]​

G'day Duff,

To tell you the truth I've been a bit slack with the whole hop rhizome thing. I should get back into it again. So it looks like $17 each is the price - that's fine by me. I am still interested in getting some (maybe not as many as I first intended though!). Duff, if you are interested in buying some too, perhaps it would be more feasible from a postage perspective to do a bulk order??? Let me know if you are interested.

I received a reply back from Stuart. We need to order now for a July delivery, much like the Grumpy's deal. I am ordering two, as well as two more for another brewer close by to be included in the same pack. If you want a couple TD let me know and I'll get a final price from Stuart before ordering this week.

Cheers.

Hi Duff,

If OK, would I be able to add a couple of rhizomes to your order?

I can drop money over to your place or direct deposit.

P.S. I think your inbox is full

Cheers,
Sam

Back