• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Hop Plants For Sale In Adelaide Hills

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pikehead999

Reaction score
If any one is prepared to travel to the Adelaide Hills over the next couple of weeks, I have about thirty of each variety of these hop plants for sale:

CASCADE: This is probably the most widely used hop by Craftbrewers in the US, it has a flowery, citrusy aroma and is used commercially in brews including Little Creatures IPA and Sierra Nevada IPA. This variety was released in 1972 as a result of an open pollinated Fuggles seedling. A strong vigerous variety.

PERLE: Bred in Germany in1978 from Northern Brewer, this was an attempt to recreate a higher alpha acid replacement for Hallertauer Mittelfruher. An excellent flavour and aroma hop for European Pilsners, Wheat Beers and Lagers.

GOLDINGS: The classic dual purpose hop for English style beers, with a pleasant spicy aroma.

Plants are growing healthily in 15 cm pots, and they were propogated from thumb thick, 10cm long sections of rhizomes taken from the stock plants in June 2010. The original stock plants were purchased from "Hops West" in Perth four years ago and have been growing, virus free ever since. The parent plants are female and therefore all these vegetively produced offspring are guarranteed to be female too.

Hop plants are more usually available in the form of rhizomes during the plants winter dormant period (which has now passed) and by offering the plants now during their actively growing stage, I am just extending their availability at a time when they are not usually offered. All varieties $25 each or 3 for $60. I cannot post due to the active top growth being damaged in transit, plus restrictions on the movement of plants and compost.

I also have a limited number of all three varieties in 25 and 30cm pots which were propogated in the same manner only one year ealier (June 2009), they spent there first growing season in 15cm pots and were potted up into their bigger pots in June 2010. These are offered at $35 each.

Please note these plants are not an inferior alternative to buying dormant rhizomes in the Winter, they are just an alternative means of getting hold of them in the Summer when you cannot usually get hold of them, and you basically get the rhizomes in the pot during their active growing period, i.e they have shoots and leaves.

Best Regards Filbert.

If any one is prepared to travel to the Adelaide Hills over the next couple of weeks, I have about thirty of each variety of these hop plants for sale:

CASCADE: This is probably the most widely used hop by Craftbrewers in the US, it has a flowery, citrusy aroma and is used commercially in brews including Little Creatures IPA and Sierra Nevada IPA. This variety was released in 1972 as a result of an open pollinated Fuggles seedling. A strong vigerous variety.

PERLE: Bred in Germany in1978 from Northern Brewer, this was an attempt to recreate a higher alpha acid replacement for Hallertauer Mittelfruher. An excellent flavour and aroma hop for European Pilsners, Wheat Beers and Lagers.

GOLDINGS: The classic dual purpose hop for English style beers, with a pleasant spicy aroma.

Plants are growing healthily in 15 cm pots, and they were propogated from thumb thick, 10cm long sections of rhizomes taken from the stock plants in June 2010. The original stock plants were purchased from "Hops West" in Perth four years ago and have been growing, virus free ever since. The parent plants are female and therefore all these vegetively produced offspring are guarranteed to be female too.

Hop plants are more usually available in the form of rhizomes during the plants winter dormant period (which has now passed) and by offering the plants now during their actively growing stage, I am just extending their availability at a time when they are not usually offered. All varieties $25 each or 3 for $60. I cannot post due to the active top growth being damaged in transit, plus restrictions on the movement of plants and compost.

I also have a limited number of all three varieties in 25 and 30cm pots which were propogated in the same manner only one year ealier (June 2009), they spent there first growing season in 15cm pots and were potted up into their bigger pots in June 2010. These are offered at $35 each.

Please note these plants are not an inferior alternative to buying dormant rhizomes in the Winter, they are just an alternative means of getting hold of them in the Summer when you cannot usually get hold of them, and you basically get the rhizomes in the pot during their active growing period, i.e they have shoots and leaves.

Best Regards Filbert.

Best Regards Filbert.

I'm meeting a coupe of hop plant buyers tonight SUNDAY at 7pm in the car park of Grumpy's bar, Hahndorf (out on the way to Verdun), I'll bring a car load of a variety of hop plants (15cm pots and larger 25-30cm pots).

PRICES NOW REDUCED TO CLEAR

HOPS IN 15CM pots $20 each or three for $50.

HOPS IN 25-30CM POTS (2 YR OLD PLANTS) $35 EACH

THE FIRST THREE BUYERS WILL BE OFFERED THREE BIG HOP PLANTS FOR TOTAL OF $50!!!!!!! :D THAT IS A REAL BARGAIN.

I'LL BE IN THE CAR PARK FROM 7PM TO 7.30PM, if your interested PM me and I'm pass my details.

These are guaranteed healthy, vigerous female hop plants.

I include comprehensive growing instructions for any novice hop growers.

Cheers
Phil

Hi Filbert

Happy New Year

I miised your recent post about hop plants

Let me know how you would like arrange sale of hop plants in the next week.

thanks
PeterSA

Hi philbert,

do you still have any hops plants for sale.
I can pickup.
regards HHB

Hi philbert,

do you still have any hops plants for sale.
I can pickup.
regards HHB

He seems to be MIA so I'll jump in and offer you access to any of my plants for nix.

A few people have taken cuttings from the outer with plenty of roots attached. You can have several of each of the plants - cascade, chinook, goldings, POR and Victoria.

And that goes for anyone willing to drop in (Mt Torrens in the Adelaide Hills).

Hi DrSmurto
thanks allot for the offer.
I would like to give you something fot the cuttings.
Can I get you contact details :beer:

Regards HHB

Would have liked the perle but seems a bit pricey consider erring Dr Smurtos and everyone else's prices..

Grainer said:
Would have liked the perle but seems a bit pricey consider erring Dr Smurtos and everyone else's prices..
And seeing as the seller has been offline since December 21st 2010 you could be dreaming. :lol:

AND considering Handorf is a long drive from Melbourne.

Muppet.

@DrSmurto are you still around? Do you still have any hops available these days?

way too early in the season try again in a month or two.

Ahh no worries barls. I thought it may be worth looking to find out if anyone still offers their own self grown hops SA.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back