Hoops Driving Adventure

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Count me in for the flying visit drink. I'll be over there from the 23rd till the 8th and will be keen to get back to little creatures. :chug: :chug:

As with jasony, after new years would be better but we'll see how things pan out.

Chatty

Hoops

what dates will u be in Adelaide - can try and arrange a Barossa BrewInn night BBQ for those taht can make it.

At the risk of being Captain Sensible, how about we firm up a bit.

Before Christmas might be difficult and we already have a Perth meetup on 11 Dec.

Hoops is here until about 10 Jan. Chatty is here until 8 Jan. In terms of weekends, after Dec that leaves Sat 1st Jan (ow, my head) and Sun 2 Jan.

How do we feel about Little Creatures, Sun 2 Jan +- other pubs in Freo? (Little Creatures is a superb venue, but there are only 3 beers to choose from). Post availability here. My work load should be light by then so I can do midweek if that is preferred.

GMK said:
Hoops

what dates will u be in Adelaide - can try and arrange a Barossa BrewInn night BBQ for those taht can make it.
Ken
looks like I will be in Adelaide around 10th 11th or 12th (Fri Sat or Sun). What would work out best for a get together? I am flexible so I can leave whenever.

GL
I agree that before Xmas is probably pushing it as some people will still be working. 2nd Jan is cool by me. (Although I will be sinking a few ales well before then if anyone else wants to meet in the City for "Xmas Shopping" ;) )

Hoops

Hmm, think I might have to buy a NASA burner and HP reg on my travels, might be able to get a spare for someone in Perth if they want one?

Count me in on that one Hoops !

I'm up for that weekend - sounds great.

( nice work Capt S )

OK so far we have...

* Christmas case swap at Captain Sensible's on 11/12. I'm in.

* "Xmas shopping" pints in the city mid Dec-ish? May I suggest Belgian Beer Cafe followed closely by Moon & Sixpence a block away? I'm almost certainly in. Best nights for me would be mid-week after work. Early knock-offs not too hard leading up to xmas. I can't make it on 10th, 16th, 17th, 24th.

* Little Creatures, S&A, Clancy's and general Freo crawl on 2/1. I'm probably in.

* JasonY brewday early Jan-ish? I'm almost certainly in. What's public transport like Jason? Car pooling would be a great idea with someone's significant other driving an airconditioned minibus. Just a suggestion.

I will put the two definite dates on the calendar. Can change if necessary.

I'm in for a Xmas shopping pint a week or two before Christmas, mid week works for me.

I'm in for JasonY's brew day but am away 17 to 25 Jan so will miss it if its then.

....he said Captain, I said wot.....

I think you've got yourself a new handle there GL - seems to work for you too in a strange sorta way :)

All of the above sounds good to me - It will be great to catch up with the usual crowd as well as meeting Hoops and Chatty. I might have to start earning some significant points at home though...

I'm pretty flexible with dates (refer thread) except for a few days between Christmas and New year (not sure which - yet to recieve my orders for those days).

I should be right for the 2nd and Freo is a great spot to have some beers.

Brew day at my place well obviously the w/end of the 2nd is out but it's probably a bit close to new years anyway. I am thinking of either the 8th or 9th which should suit Hoops if he is free, looks like Chatty may be off by the 8th (does this mean your leaving on the 8th)?. I have a work thing happening around then too but I am sure I can pursuade them to move it to suit.

Public transport is not too bad, you pretty well have to catch a bus from the city and it drops you at the oval about 5 - 10mins walk from my place. You can get one from freo but need to change over at Gateways to get closer.

I think it is too far for Captain Sensible to ride his bike however.

If we are keen on an early brew day to kick the year off we can start another thread to get it organised.

JasonY said:
Challenge noted and potentially accepted. Possibly in full Captain Sensible regalia. Along the freeway.

Guest Lurker said:
JasonY said:
Challenge noted and potentially accepted. Possibly in full Captain Sensible regalia. Along the freeway.
I'm thinking a cross between John Lennon in Sgt Peppers and Captain Feathersword from the Wiggles.

Not on the bike path either. Taking up half the left lane of the Freeway. Cape flowing in the breeze. Beers clunking in the back pack. Possibly singing a rousing sea shanty. Not very sensible, though.

JasonY said:
I am thinking of either the 8th or 9th which should suit Hoops if he is free, looks like Chatty may be off by the 8th (does this mean your leaving on the 8th)?. I have a work thing happening around then too but I am sure I can pursuade them to move it to suit.
Looks like I may have to leave a little earlier than I first thought. I need to be back in Toowoomba on the 13 Jan which means I may need to leave on the 9th Jan. I will have to see how long it takes me to get to Perth so I have a good idea how long it will take to get back, so the 8th is preferable for me.

Hoops

deebee said:
* "Xmas shopping" pints in the city mid Dec-ish? May I suggest Belgian Beer Cafe followed closely by Moon & Sixpence a block away? I'm almost certainly in. Best nights for me would be mid-week after work. Early knock-offs not too hard leading up to xmas. I can't make it on 10th, 16th, 17th, 24th.
Haven't been to the Belgian Beer Cafe yet but I certainly rate the Moon & Sixpence.
Looks like my bank balance and liver are in for some trouble ^_^

OK, looks like I should be in Adelaide next weekend.
Is there anything happening in the way of meetings or brew days that I could meet up with a few AHBers?
Looking at staying at least 1 night so I will be able to have a few beers :chug: and buying a NASA burner & HP reg (and maybe a bag of grain). Might as well get a case or 2 of Coopers Pale Ale while I'm there too :D

Hi Hoops,
Sorry i missed this thread been flat out lately, anyway i think we can arrange something. We just come of a week of brew events so you could say your a week or two late.
Here's me ph 0412 536 577.
I work weekends and not sure what i have next weekend but anyway will have to do something for a brewers visit.
Let us know what days suit and we could maybe even just head to the wheaty for a couple beers and a brewchat or somewhere else, maybe even someone will have a brewday for you, anyway will have to work something out between then and now.

Seeya then.
Jayse

:angry: Due to my boss being a FU*$#R it looks like I won't be able to get away from here til Friday night which would put me in Adelaide Sunday morning or later. However knowing this great organisation that I am part of I'm sure it will change again before I leave.

What days would best suit you guys? I can always leave later if a weekday/weeknight is better?

Everything has come together well with a brew day at Chiller's Sunday then crashing at Jayse's for the night.
Looking foward to meeting everyone and sharing a few HB's.
Sorry I couldn't post earlier to let you all know what was going on but I've had a lot of problems with the internet lately.
See you all Sunday!

Hoops

EDIT - This should put me in Perth around Thursday 16th Dec. Then time for a bit of "Xmas shopping" ;)

So to recap we have 2nd Jan at Little Creatures Brewery + other micros, then brewday at JasonY's on the 8th Jan plus whatever meetups at pubs in town.

Any changes of dates or additions?

Latest posts

Back