Home Brewing.... Is It Helping The Sustainability Cause

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Sustainability" is like pissing on a Bushfire.

We'll burn every last economically-viable extractable gram of fossil fuels - whether you burn them or not matters little.

Your malted barley is not reaped by peasants who eat mungbeans and soy. It's not sustainably farmed. We're soon about to run out of easily sourced fertilizers.

Merely drinking beer is ******* everything up ... and it tastes delicious.

"Sustainability" is like pissing on a Bushfire.

Merely drinking beer is ******* everything up ... and it tastes delicious.

That needs to be your sig from now on. Its easily the best quote I have read from you by far.

But if everyone pissed on the bush fire imagine the stink when it is out.

Homebrewing and sustainability is like sex through a glory hole.

There is still a lot of ******* going on, you just dont see the faces.

It could be a measure of sustainability of the grain industry as a whole? Because there are direct and indirect suppliers and logistics involved that will rely somewhat on the constant trickle of usage by the boutique beer market. If talking in economic sustainability rather that environmental.
And if the world goes to shit cause everyone is too pissed to go to work, that will stop and we wont be able to make beer. ****

As NICK JD says

"Merely drinking beer is ******* everything up ... and it tastes delicious."

Also, what about packaging? The cardboard, glass and plastic commercial beer comes would definitely add up. At the last share-house I lived in we would easily fill our big recycling bin with glass every week. I used to wake-up in fright every Wednesday morning to a 150db glass avalanche as the bin was emptied.

Anyway, most aspects of modern life are stupidly unsustainable. But they can all be improved upon. Homebrewing is no exception.

Latest posts

Back