HISENSE FREEZER CHEST 145 LITRE

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scooterism

Reaction score
Hi, I'm in the market for a new chesty, can anyone rate the Hisense 145L unit?

Yeah, it's awesome. I can fit a 30L fermenter in the bottom and a 25L on the compressor shelf using a blowoff tube. Has been reliable from day dot and I've had it for about 18mths.

I've got one with 3 kegs and a gas bottle in it. Works like a champ, fairly easy to manhandle too.

Sounding good.

Mods: Could we maybe start a fridge/freezer review thread and make it sticky?

Does it need a collar for the kegs or is it high enough to fit them as is?

scooterism said:
Sounding good.

Good idea, maybe with a spreadsheet with the internal dimensions.

I stopped into my local Good Guys appliance centre today, they offered me this model chesty, damaged floor stock for $292. Ticket price is $319.

The lid has two minor dings and the basket is a little bent.

Sound like a deal?

My basket is somewhere in my shed unused. Dented lid sounds awesome... grab it. Can't go wrong. :)

scooterism said:
I stopped into my local Good Guys appliance centre today, they offered me this model chesty, damaged floor stock for $292. Ticket price is $319.

The lid has two minor dings and the basket is a little bent.

Sound like a deal?

Not even 10% off....thats pretty rough if you ask me

Should be getting atleast 20%+ off. If it was <$250, different story.

Personally for the $27 the dings in the top would do my head in...you will notice them more than you think, well that is if you are like me.

Have a bigger Hisense model, which is great and would recommend. Presumably the smaller model is built to the same decent quality.

Agree with above poster that the discount is poor for damaged goods. Got mine from seconds world at 25% off simply because it had a scratch on the back and didn't have a box reckon you should find a better deal somewhere.

If you're going to use it for kegking, check the height and base of your kegs. Typically, ball locks are taller and skinnier than pin locks, but a lot of pinlocks have been converted so it's better to know. Also, for kegking go as large as you can. Mines 248L, fits 6 or 7 kegs depending on variety and simply isn't big enough!

scooterism said:
Sounding good.

Drick said:
Good idea, maybe with a spreadsheet with the internal dimensions.
It already exists. I think Yob may have started it (maybe?).

Do a bit of digging, it's there somewhere.

'Twas Lord Raja Goomba I. Thread is 'Keg Fridges/Freezers database', but didn't get many entries.

Might be another one I guess, but I've not found it.

There's a more comprehensive thread on homebrewtalk, although it's all in cubic feet, has brands we never get here and you have to put up with the opinionated minority on that and every other thread

Latest posts

Back