High Fg?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Village Idiot

Reaction score
Happy New Year to all,

Quick question...... Can of Morgans Qld goo, 600g Dex, 200g Malto, 75g Sugar, 15g Cluster, Kit yeast.(XXXX Gold style for mummy)

FG after 20 days @ 22C is showing 1.012 ish. MY thoughts are that it looks a bit high but it must be finished?????

Keg it anyway????

Peter

I wouldn't be too disappointed with that FG from those ingredients. Have you tried rousing the yeast cake?

I reckon it'd be better if it finished lower, but depending on yeast management/growth/pitching rates, it probably wont. Are you 100% sure your hydro is accurate? What does it read room temperature water at?

Hydro is showing 000 at room temp so that rules that out...... it is pretty clear(not racked or fined). Tastes right, not sweet as you might expect if fermentation was incomplete.

1012 should be fine for that mix considering you have the malto in there. Leave it a few extra days to be sure - the beer will benefit anyway.

My last keg was similar and finished at 1.012 and was fine, just closer to mid strength than full. Not a huge issue...

Yeah. I put mine back to age longer. Problem is I'm running out of kegs!

Yeah. I put mine back to age longer. Problem is I'm running out of kegs!

Having the same problem here......mummy seems to think I have enough $ invested in my "hobby".

Will have to use the sneaky fund

Try maintaining a sneaky fund when all your pay goes into a joint account and your wife does all the bill paying and children related purchasing etc... My sneaky fund is my birthday and Christmas, plus a can gulit trip some cash here and there when the car isn't broken down or a cat been hit by a car or something (suprisingly that kind of stuff happens way too often!).