Hi GuysCheap Hop Rhizomes - Last Week available

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SandyRoss

Reaction score
Hi Guys

This is the last lot of rhizomes I can offer this year as I will be heading overseas next Tuesday.

10 rhizomes for $100 (freight inclusive)

Varieties; Cascade, Hersbrucker, Saaz, Red Earth, Super Alpha

For those that think I make mega bucks out of this - you are so wrong. I forked out $12000 this year for rhizomes and have sold $11000 worth so far. Yes I have made a profit on some but if I don't get to $12000 I have made a loss overall.

These rhizomes are much bigger than most I have seen online and on this forum. Some are as much as an inch thick and 10 inches long with healthy shoots.

Last week - so hurry

Cheers
Sandy Ross
[email protected]

Just wondering, and is an honest question, How is it that Hopco can spend 12k on rhizomes?

Ed: your post taken as you 'purchased' them as a commodity, forgive if I'm incorrect, don't you guys have your own plantations?

I'd like a couple of those types but buggered if I can take 100

Ed Ed: sorry, post on the forum as a retailer, must be open to question and it is an honest question.

Yob said:
Just wondering, and is an honest question, How is it that Hopco can spend 12k on rhizomes?
Ed: taken as you 'purchased' them as a commodity, forgive if I'm incorrect, don't you guys have your own plantations?
I'd like a couple of those types but buggered if I can take 100
I think you only have to take 10 Yob, but fork out $100.

Hi Yob

We used to be involved with growing but are purely a wholesaler now. I get about 200 enquiries each year for rhizomes and most of the time they are pretty easy to sell but this year it has been much harder. I overestimated the demand. I will plant whatever is left on the weekend and maybe have some rhizomes available next year.

Yes, you only have to buy 10. I suppose I could do 5 for $55 as well if people cant do 10.

Cheers
Sandy Ross
[email protected]

I have bought rhizomes from Sandy in the past and can say that they are good value.

Sure looks like a good buy to me,

I suppose I could do 5 for $55 as well if people cant do 10.
Do I need to grow three more varieties this year?

I'm on holidays overseas until late September. Will you still have them then?

Back