Help identifying keg post threads

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silverfox

Reaction score
I'm looking at refurbing some second hand kegs I bought off of gumtree, with new posts etc but I have concerns that it may not be a typical corny keg? The posts are both ball lock and the dimensions are about 210x635mm. The liquid post thread is measuring 0.610 inches on the thread while the gas post thread is measuring 0.557 inches on the thread. Both are 18TPI. Anyone able to shed some light on this for me so I can buy some posts?
Thanks.

This gives the threads sizes, the 1/2" ones are for Australian kegs.
Worth looking closely at the keg body most have the maker etched on them.
upload_2018-9-15_20-45-27.png

Very handy to know thank you for this, as I had a post crap out the other week and tried to change out from another keg I had and they would screw on, time to do some research and labelling of my kegs so I know which bits to stock for them. Cheers.

Yep so as it turns out I think my two kegs are firestone. The gas post is a 9/16"-18 thread and the liquid post is a 5/8"-18 thread. A bit harder and more expensive to source than the 19/32"-18 posts that are typically listed for $3. Bit of a pain in the ass.

Back