Hello from WA

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirtyNerd

Reaction score
G'day Guys/Girls

My name is Mike from West Australia
28 from Perth
Needed a new Hobby for the new year and picked myself up some stuff

Spirit Still Turbo 500
One Master Filter
Active Carbon
2x Demijohn 5L
5x 2 Liter Bottles
Essesses Top shelf White Rum, Vodka ,Tennessee Whiske

Last Monday i did my first wash

25 Liters fermenter
Put in 21 liters of water and 6kgs of Dextrose Sugar as that is all i had pushed the Fermenter up to 25Liters Used Turbo Yeast
then yesterday i added the Turbo Clean left it for 24 hours as recommmend

Made a newbie Mistake by not looking at the gravity before i started my wash so i had know clue what the Alcohol level was at all

Now the part i was looking forward to trying the still for the first time hooked it all up waited around a hour before the still kicked in to gear and started doing something
the first 100ml i just tipped down the stink as i heard thats the head and is bad

Everything was running smoove got the temps to 60-62

around 4 hours later i eneded up with around 3 liters at 90% not bad for just winging it and not having a clue what the bloody hell i was doing
anyway i cut it down to 40%

Filled the Filter master with new carbon

Yet it still smells a little i have added a flavor and still taste it any recommendation or help would be great

Thanks for having me on the forum looking forward to meeting some great people with the same Hobby all the best

DirtyNerd.

G'day Mike, welcome mate! It's always good to have new people sign up especially if your from WA :)
To be honest mate we're all about beer here you want to have a look at our sister site http://www.homedistilling.com/forum/
Or you can find the link in "The Brew Shed" area down the bottom.

Oh Thanks for the link i will join that site also my brother is the beer brewer but i am a sucker for the spirits

Thanks all the best

No worries Mike, make sure to tell you bro to drop in if he hasn't already :) good luck with the stilling mate sounds like your going ok.

Thanks mate yeah his a bit of a internet newbie so ill let him know about the site there is a lot he could learn from this site he brew is crap :) ill give him the the link tomorrow when i catch up with him all the best i joined the other site but not many people on there by the looks of things :)

Latest posts

Back