Hello from Tas

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foster

Reaction score
Hello there,

I have been BIAB for 10months. I like just about all beer styles however, IPA's are my current favourites.

I am considerring "building" a HERMS & I am sure I will be asking lots of questions - temp controlled gas burners........

Cheers, Ian

Hay Ian, I also run a HERMS and love it, electric is easier to control, have a search for "Dedicated HERMS" with the Google search on the top of the page, it's a pretty informative thread with loads of Great ideas and setups,

Also, welcome to the site :)

Hi Ian

Welcome to the site, good to see another Tassie brewer on site. I also BIAB but use an urn.

Hi Ian, welcome to the site! I'm with you on the IPAs, 3 of my next 4 brews will be some variant of IPA.

Thank you for the welcome guys.

I also use a 40lt Crown urn - It is shared between my bro in law & me. We get some good brews out of her - we think so anyway :)

Im looking fwd to reading more posts on this forum.
Cheers

Another Tassie :)

..I am just off to the HomeBrewShop in town. Give you a race!

You will easily win this race Dibby....Im three flights away from Hobart at the moment.

G'day Ian.

Welcome. You're one of a number of Tassie brewers jumping on the forum and brewing all grain. One day, we might be able to have our own AABC sanctioned comp.

There's a few of us around. Look at the "Tasmanian Brew Club" thread, though it's not really an official club, but more where Tassie brewers post goings on, members having their own Oktoberfest and the like.

Hi LRG thanks for your welcome. I agree that a competition would be a great idea.

Back