Heat pad for temp controlled fridge?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curly79

Reaction score
Just in the process of making a temp controlled fridge. Is a heat pad on the bottom shelf an effiicient heat source or is a reptile heat lamp or something else better. ? Thanks again for your advice everyone. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Home Brewer

I think a ceramic heat lamp to be the best.

I have ordered one on ebay and they are quite cheap.

I got a 75 watt ceramic globe.

I use a 15W heat belt to heat the ambient fridge temps (ie not in contact with FV). Works very well & is very cheap

[SIZE=10.5pt]I use a heat pad (again not in contact with the fermenters) and find it good and cheap to run and much better now I don’t use solid shelves in the fridge.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Oh and working out the wire to the temp probe was severed and therefore useless probably helped a lot too :rolleyes: [/SIZE]

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ceramic-Lamp-Holder-Heat-Emitter-Set-Pet-Reptile-Snake-Heating-Bird-Brooder-/281394274966?pt=AU_Pet_Supplies&var=&hash=item8723e4cf9b

3312762493624040_2.jpg

Thanks again lads. I'll give the. 15w pad a go for a while. The $50 fridge i just scored on gumtree has wire shelves so should work hopefully.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Home Brewer

I have a 14w pad that has self adhesive thingys on the back/bottom. Stuck it to the inside of the door. Perfect.

Latest posts

Back