Has anybody tried smoking hops ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You would be better off smoking wild lettuce,or the dried sap (lactucarium) as the Hopi Indians and Mardoo did, often called poor man's opium the Indians would go into a euphoric dream like trance where they claimed to meet their ancestors (Henry Cooper did that to Cassius Clay with one punch)

wide eyed and legless said:
You would be better off smoking wild lettuce,or the dried sap (lactucarium) as the Hopi Indians and Mardoo did, often called poor man's opium the Indians would go into a euphoric dream like trance where they claimed to meet their ancestors (Henry Cooper did that to Cassius Clay with one punch)
Where would one find wild lettuce ?

wide eyed and legless said:
Had never heard of that before, a quick wiki search later....

Just last week I was cutting of some leaves from the nearly done lettuce plants for the wife, noticed heaps of the white "sap". I was going to toss it it but a quick wash and it was gone. Have left the plants go to seed now.
Learn something everyday.

Whilst this thread is interesting and a bit of fun. Can we keep any reference to illegal drugs etc out of the conversation, we will be removing any such posts.

abyss said:
Where would one find wild lettuce ?
Its everywhere, I have often pulled it out of the garden, tall with spikes
image10.jpeg

Is that what the Indians and John Wayne used to smoke in the Peace Pipe ?

I've often wondered what would happen if I rolled up some dried hops in a cigarette paper and smoked them. Maybe I'll try it one day for shits and giggles, still got some papers and filters here from when I smoked rollies. :lol:

Latest posts

Back