Half Price Napisan (ww Select) 2kg $5.74 @ Woolies

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aldi brand nappy product does the same..all you have to remember it has no perfume..

Coles have this week Sard Oxyplus $3.49 kg
Woolworths have White King Oxy Lift $7 2kg

Starsan ain't a cleaner chiro.

I normally only use it to sanitise my bottles right before bottling. I thought it might of moved the gunk enough so I could get the rest with the bottle brush but not so. I'm very much still a noob at all aspects of brewing.

Edit: spelling

Well 2 days soaking with nappisan and cold water I gave the dirtiest bottle I had a shake and tipped out the nappisan and rinsed it. I could tell when I tipped it out it had done pretty well because of the colour of it. Looked at the bottom of the bottle and it was crystal clean! Woo hoo. Great stuff. Less scrubbing for me. Previously starsan for around 1 week hardy done a thing. I'll try the bleach and vinegar in a couple of dirty ones today to compare, will also leave them for 2 days. I'll also try a couple with hot water and nappisan. This sediment was stubborn and took some moving with a bottle brush, with some I still couldn't get them clean enough for my standard before the nappisan.

Mate, that is GREAT NEWS....glad this has worked for you. Here is another tip, did u just put the napisan inside the bottle? Why not get a bucket big enough to submurse the entire bottle in (or even a few bottles) then mix it up, submurse the bottles (get all the air out) and the bottle will get a sparkling good clean on the inside and out! Whammo. :)

again, glad it worked. (post some pics, would be great, just for fun!) Use hot water with napisan, much better. Cold with bleach!

The Rendo!

Be really careful removing slippery napisan bottles from a fermenter full of bottles. It is surprising how many bottles can break when one half full bottle slips from your hand back into the fermenter.

Mate, that is GREAT NEWS....glad this has worked for you. Here is another tip, did u just put the napisan inside the bottle? Why not get a bucket big enough to submurse the entire bottle in (or even a few bottles) then mix it up, submurse the bottles (get all the air out) and the bottle will get a sparkling good clean on the inside and out! Whammo. :)

again, glad it worked. (post some pics, would be great, just for fun!) Use hot water with napisan, much better. Cold with bleach!

The Rendo!

Well did a 3 hour challenge today on 3 bottles all equally as dirty with red wine sediment on the bottom. Tried to get pics but they didn't come out any good.

I tried bleach cold water and vinegar in one, nappisan and cold water in the second and nappisan and hot tap water in the third. The 2 winners were the bleach water and vinegar and the nappisan with hot water. The nappsian and cold water did pretty good got most of the gunk off bit you could still see an opaque film on the bottom of the bottle.

It was only 3 hours so I think they all did pretty good. Pity the pics didn't turn out, even tried macro mode and got some white paper as a background. You couldn't see through the sediment of the dirty bottles.

Napisan (or equivalent) + boiling water cleans mouldy yeasty gunk out of bottles in about 5 minutes. Same with yeast ring inside cubes and fermenters.

Well did a 3 hour challenge today on 3 bottles all equally as dirty with red wine sediment on the bottom. Tried to get pics but they didn't come out any good.

I tried bleach cold water and vinegar in one, nappisan and cold water in the second and nappisan and hot tap water in the third. The 2 winners were the bleach water and vinegar and the nappisan with hot water. The nappsian and cold water did pretty good got most of the gunk off bit you could still see an opaque film on the bottom of the bottle.

It was only 3 hours so I think they all did pretty good. Pity the pics didn't turn out, even tried macro mode and got some white paper as a background. You couldn't see through the sediment of the dirty bottles.
Jon Harker ITT ?

Thanks for the update Chiro :)

Looks like you have found a new friend in napisan! :)

Rendo

Back