Guess What Arrived Today ! Refractometers !

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You should be able to get the Dick Smith one for $69 - it seems to be one of those permenant specials they have.... and they are a HEAP better than paper. Almost as easy to use as the refracto !

Well I was a happy man when I got home from work today.
First thing on the agenda was to pour a cold glass of HB and open my mail to play with my refractometer.
Good on ya Batz for organising the whole thing.

Will test my stout this week and use it for a brew this weekend. Thinking of doing Asher's GT Rice Lager as I've found a local supplier of flaked rice.

Hoops

:rolleyes:
My pleasure , do I want to do it again? , not right away thanks :(

Batz

whats going on with ozzie post ;)
got home from work today and there sat a package from batz with the refractometer inside. :rolleyes: didnt expect it till thursday <_<
totally rapt.
thanks heaps batz.job well done.

cheers
big d

Big d gets his before the Perth guys !!!! :eek: :blink:

Hey Doc could you post version 2 of your table I cant seem to get it from the link back to the old subject Thanks

Just ordered my Refractometer from the same place you guys got yours from He must think that Aussie have gone brixen mad

Sintax

Many thanks to the Caped Crusader for organising this. What a nice bit of gear, and at a great price!
Just need to follow up on the ways to use it to best benefit with beer, and i'll be away...
links, here i come!

dreamboat

thanks doc, I just followed up on the original link, and will probably draw up a graph to make it easy to get close to the mark from a quick glance.

Is there any way to use the refractometer for fermenting or fermented beer?

Dreamboat

That got printed and laminated up yesterday :) :ph34r:

dreamboat said:
Is there any way to use the refractometer for fermenting or fermented beer?
Yes.
Get yourself Promash if you don't already have it.
Select from the top menu Calculators => Refractometer Utilities => Specific Gravity During Fermentation.

I believe Beersmith has some Refractometer tools in it too, but don't use it to know for sure.

Beers,
Doc

Beersmith has a refractometer setting too , have to play around with that today

Just got a call from home to say the parcel arrived at 7:30 this morning... outstanding news, except that I've now got a full day of work ahead of me, while I think about it! Also not bad considering it was a Pub Hol yesterday...

... can't believe bid d got his so quick though!

Cheers for organising it Batz :D

Nice system in Promash....
will be good to only need to take very small samples. I might get a glass rod or similar to use - easy to sterilise, just dip it in the fermenter, and transfer the drip to the refractometer... easy and a nice sterile process.
could always use a glass thermometer for that purpose too.

Dreamboat

go figure aust post.im probably closer to batz than most guys and usually get things in 1 1/2 - 2 weeks.this time from batz was under a week.

Well, looks like a few of us Adelaidians will be smiling after work today!
Thanks again Batz, job well done.
Simon.

Yup, it got delivered down here in Middleton 11.30 am today (Tues 5th).

Thanks Batz, you are a champion!

Cheers

Hurrah! Bid Dog Brewing finally catches up with the rest of Australia and is now hydro enabled. Well done Batz.

Anyone not recieved their refractometer?

Latest posts

Back