Guess What Arrived Today ! Refractometers !

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you need to go to the first page of that link Hoops

When that link opens up there is only 1 page. Is that just happening to me?

<_< dunno what's going on hoops - i tried it gain and the link in batz's post brings up the 2nd page.

Not to worry
I'm sure I saved it on the work computer (Something was telling me I'd end up with a refractometer one day) so I guess it's off to the laminator next week!

That's the one
Thanks Batz
Off to the laminator Monday :ph34r:

Just a bit of a tease

You're such a tease Batz :(
Can't wait :D

Yipee, I got my new toy this morning, I can't wait to play with it.
It looks a treat, very high tech and impressive.

BIG thanks to Batz, all your effort is much appreciated.

Regards
Andrew

So is Andrew going out at lunch time to buy some spring water and grape juice to test out his new toy so he doesn't have to wait to get home ????

No looking back now guys. On brewday it will be one of your most used tools.

Beers,
Doc

Speaking of grape juice, when I get mine (which I havent, being a holiday today) one of the main uses will be for oztops alcoholic fruit punches. Fleur says these taste good but dont have enough alcohol. So with my trusty refractometer I will know if I need to add sugar at the start and exactly when to move it to the fridge.

Mine Arrived just now WOOO HOOO thanks batz

I cant get over how clear the read out is, the screen is a nice dark blue and even with little light the sample is a white, the line between them is so crisp

I love my new toy!

now just waiting for the pH meter and i'll be over the moon.... just need to brew now so i can use the things

PH meter ?

Tell me more I want one !!!

pHep 5 0.01 accuracy pH, ummm onewayoutsales is a guy on E-bay in the US

i think it was about $88 AU to "buy it now"

I bought it, the tip cleaner for protein, and calibration solution pH 7.01 and 4.01 all up including $24 for express post $180 AU (off the top of my head)

now the phep 5 in melbourne is $200 for the unit itself then pay heaps for the solutions

i think it was listed under "NEW HANNA .01 pH & THERMOMETER TESTER METER"

Have thought about pH meters on and off over the recent years.
I've got a bunch of pH papers but they really aren't that accurate ( and they are the narrow range ones).
From memory though brewers haven't recommended the Hanna ones. I think this has been mentioned on Oz Craft Brewers too (but the search feature is broken at the moment so can't dig up the posts).

Has anyone done much research into pH meters ?
Time to start a new topic ?

Beers,
Doc

Doc i spend a few weeks looking and a few months sorta looking, from what i see the pH Scan unit has been recomended and also the hanna unit

I spoke to about 5 guys using pH meters and they all had the hanna unit and our chiller here, uses the ph scan.
hence why i bought mine - the important part is to buy the protrin cleaner for the tip. A few of the guys with the hanna unit had the pH scan but they were not happy. for some reasons.

That said lots of people are happy with the phscan.
the people i had talked to have been using them for around 2 yrs without a problem... so i hope its all ok

mmmmmm

Don't think I need one just yet , few other things on the list before a PH meter

I bought my digital PH meter from Dick Smith $99.00
Range 0.00~14.00
resolution0.01
Accuracy +/_ 0.02
ATC 0-50c
Includes PH 7.00 buffer

It works well and is accurate

Latest posts

Back