Grumpy's Belfast Gold Stout Recipe

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rod

Reaction score
As we are aware we cannot buy kits from grumpy's any more

I have just finished my last bottle of grumpy's belfast gold stout made in March last year

it is a stove top brew and makes a very good stout

does anybody have a recipe

Grumpys? great beer an pizza on a sunny sunday but no home brew kits or ideas SORRY.

PM Brad mcm through that link Barls has given I'm sure He will be able to help you.

Cheers,
BB

what was it? a tin of goo and some bits (ie little bit of grain and malt extract)? if so, someone might have the recipe for the bits. if its a straight can of goo then i doubt your gonna have luck. not that you need it. there are plenty of good stout recipes around.

you could email the guy from this webpage and see if he gets back to you

have you looked through AHB? - results here for you to look through if you havent already

The following are the Grumpy's instructions, it doesn't mention IBU's here but elsewhere I have read 40-45IBU.
Hope this helps you out.
Hopefully I am not breaching any kind of copyright, if someone tells me I am I will remove this post.
Cheers
Nige

500g Flaked Barley
500g Roast Barley
1000g Pale Malted Barley
1.5kg Light Malt Extract
Hops - Target and Challenger
Wyeast 1084 Liquid Irish Stout Yeast from Guinness

Grumpy\'s Real Irish Stout
Instructions

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stage 1: The Mash
Place the crushed grain in a large saucepan (at least 9L), cover with water and bring to 66 degrees C. Keep stirring until you are sure that there are no dry pockets in the grain. Once 66 degrees C has been reached, turn off the flame or hot plate. Check temperature after 20 minutes, if it has dropped, turn hotplate on to low and whilst stirring gradually increase the temp. to return to 66 degrees C.
The idea is to get a full hour at 66 degrees C.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stage 2: The Sparge
Note: This should be commenced at the last stage of the mash above.
Drain the mash in a colander or pasta sieve, this should take about 5-10 minutes.
When mash is dry, add mash back to pot, add 6-7 litres of 70-80degC water, stir and drain for the last time.

Stage 3: The Boil
Following the sparging exercise, you should now have about 5 to 7 litres of WORT which you now bring to the boil. Once up to the boil, add hops and continue boiling for 30 minutes. Remove from heat, cover and place pot and all into a sink full of cold water for 10 minutes to cool down. Replace water in sink and repeat step 2.

Stage 4: Prepare the fermentation
Pour the wort into your fermenter and add the tin of malt extract.Fill to 20 - 23 L with cold water. Add dry Hops. Pitch yeast once below 26 Degrees C. Screw on the lid of your fermenter, fit the airlock and allow to ferment as usual.

PM Brad mcm through that link Barls has given I'm sure He will be able to help you.

Cheers,
BB

I did send my PM to Barls link , no answer

Brad may no longer look at AHB

Hi guys.

Rod, I got your PM last night. I don't check AHB very often at all. Had you tried our email address? I can't see anything there from you.
We are still in business, in fact we were manufacturing and packing our latest orders on Friday.
We were wondering why you hadn't ordered from us in a long time.
What made you think we had stopped?

I'll send you a PM about the Belfast Gold pack tonight.

Hi guys.

Rod, I got your PM last night. I don't check AHB very often at all. Had you tried our email address? I can't see anything there from you.
We are still in business, in fact we were manufacturing and packing our latest orders on Friday.
We were wondering why you hadn't ordered from us in a long time.
What made you think we had stopped?

I'll send you a PM about the Belfast Gold pack tonight.

I used the link in the post below

http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...showtopic=24649

and could not get to your site

did a google and could not find the site

I used the link in the post below

http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...showtopic=24649

and could not get to your site

You didn't read the rest of the posts in the thread.

No website - just email address, which TDA posted and is in the signature line of my posts.
You would have also received an email from us at the time - unless your email address changed between your last order and the time we turned off the website.

Latest posts

Back