Greetings from Northern NSW!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brews Lee

Reaction score
I thought I'd drop a line and say Hi from Lismore NSW - um... Hi

I'm fairly new to home-brewage and although I've raised a couple of successful lagers and pilsners, I have broken my 2 Bavarian wheat beer efforts quite horribly (although judging by the aromas and flavours, I have made enough antiseptic to last the rest of my life!). I'm still on extracts and bits but soon hope to make a mess in the kitchen and have a crack at the dark art of boilery.

A big thanks to all who contribute and share their wisdom (and justifiably some ridicule regarding my inability to brew wheat beer!)
I look forward to learning some stuff and sharing my own nuggets of wisdom (when I get some wisdom).

Cheers
Brews

Brews Lee said:
I thought I'd drop a line and say Hi from Lismore NSW - um... Hi

I'm fairly new to home-brewage and although I've raised a couple of successful lagers and pilsners, I have broken my 2 Bavarian wheat beer efforts quite horribly (although judging by the aromas and flavours, I have made enough antiseptic to last the rest of my life!). I'm still on extracts and bits but soon hope to make a mess in the kitchen and have a crack at the dark art of boilery.

A big thanks to all who contribute and share their wisdom (and justifiably some ridicule regarding my inability to brew wheat beer!)
I look forward to learning some stuff and sharing my own nuggets of wisdom (when I get some wisdom).

Cheers
Brews
Welcome aboard mate.
Just up the road from me too... :beerbang:

Hi Crusty and Brew Matt
Whereabouts are you Crusty? Enjoying the natural wonder that is the NRivers? I hope we can grow hops up here, keen to see if I can do it!

G,day and welcome.
Keep going with the wheat beers, bloody nice summer drinker,
Cheers ....spog....

So far...but so close

Get some beers ready for the 2015 Grafton Show,...just after Easter

Last year was epic.....next year will be even more epic, simply because you have now been entered into the 2015 Grafton Show Home Brew competition.

Brew, enjoy and ask LOTS of questions. :chug:

Ducatiboy stu said:
So far...but so close

Get some beers ready for the 2015 Grafton Show,...just after Easter

Last year was epic.....next year will be even more epic, simply because you have now been entered into the 2015 Grafton Show Home Brew competition.

Brew, enjoy and ask LOTS of questions. :chug:
I trust you'll be entering next year :p
Maybe we need a seperate pavillion just for the AHB lads so we're not annoying the oldies next year

Welcome Brews, I'm in Kyogle, not too far away. Although, I only travel to Lismore a few times a year; too crowded and busy for me. I do like to drop in on the homebrew shop sometimes, although it's a fairly limited range and I'm not sure the owners know a lot about brewing. Good luck with the brewing and let me know if you ever need 750ml bottles. I inherited heaps a while ago.

If ever you're over this way, we'll catch up and have a beer.

Spork & Stu: I'll have to start dialling in a killer brew to represent Kyogle. Although I will have to enter using a false name for obvious reasons.

sp0rk said:
I trust you'll be entering next year :p
Maybe we need a seperate pavillion just for the AHB lads so we're not annoying the oldies next year
Some planning has already started for the 2015 Grafton Show Home Brewing Competition. Anyone that did not enter this year, is more than welcome to enter next years competition.

If you are a facebooker, and not already following the comp site, please do so at https://www.facebook.com/homebrewcomp as it makes a difference. More information will be put up soon.

Latest posts

Back